No announcement yet.

School fish tank stocking ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In regards to clownfish you can keep two in a 40G but from what I have heard clowns dont do well in FOWLR tanks they like/need corals. I do not have proof as I have never had a clown without corals but thats just something I heard/read.
    Resident fish bum
    330G FOWLR
    34G Reef
    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Originally posted by Darbex View Post
      In regards to clownfish you can keep two in a 40G but from what I have heard clowns dont do well in FOWLR tanks they like/need corals. I do not have proof as I have never had a clown without corals but thats just something I heard/read.
      +1 I've seen a clown pair in a FOWLR and it didn't too happy...

Comment

With clams u would most lowly need to dose calcium or do lots of water changes most clams suck calcium

Comment

In that small tank I would say get a pistol shrimp and a yellow watchman goby

Comment

If you have the $$, I would go with the sw setup, but you said this was for a classroom? I've noticed that saltwater tanks takes much more work and dedication than freshwater. Considering the maintenance and not being able to have access to the tank at any time, I would go freshwater to save yourself some trouble and $$.

Comment

My friends and I can do 30$ for the whole thing. They have 35 gallon tanks, I think.

Comment

Most saltwater fish cost $20-$30 and a bucket of salt is about $50

Comment

50$ for aquarium salt!

Comment

Yup its not aquarium salt its sea salt mix I use red sea coral pro salt and its $54 at city pets

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymisty View Post
                      Yup its not aquarium salt its sea salt mix I use red sea coral pro salt and its $54 at city pets
                      +1 It's not aquarium salt you need for the tank it's sea salt mix. $50 is a good price on a bucket of it

Comment

Lemon tetra, diamond tetra, septra tetra, rummy nose, panda corydora, buenos saris tetra...

Comment

Originally posted by CRUSHER View Post
                          Lemon tetra, diamond tetra, septra tetra, rummy nose, panda corydora, buenos saris tetra...
                          He's looking for saltwater schooling fish. I don't think it's possible with the budget and the size of the tank though.

Comment

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
                            He's looking for saltwater schooling fish. I don't think it's possible with the budget and the size of the tank though.
                            Oh... Never mind.... :)

Comment

It's 30+ tanks that we have. I found some sea mix for 25$. Okay, here's what I'm thinking. One yellow blennie, one clownfish, one shrimp, and a goby. Or I could do 2 clown fish, one shrimp. Or I could do all salt water shrimp.

Comment

Careful with which goby you pick. I think they can grow quite large

Comment

Working...
                                X