"August" meeting to be held early September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "August" meeting to be held early September

August meeting, moved to September 8th!!!!

We'll have our next meeting Sept 8th at Kevin's. We'll have a hard scape talk leading up to a re-plant later this year on his 75 Gallon.

For directions, contact Kevin directly, or chase him down on HoustonFishBox or AquaticPlantCentral (kwc1974).

-See ya!
    Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society
    Also follow us on Facebook and APC

Can't wait for this meeting, just bought a lot of rock work for this and I have a lot of wood soaking to waterlog. Now all I need to do is clean up my tank so we have a blank canvas.

Let's start the meeting at 1:00, unless anyone wants to grab lunch beforehand.

Also, while we are doing this meeting I will give a brief tour/discussion on my new grow-out area I set up.
    Houston Areas Aquatic Plant Society

Comment

Does anyone need any Riccia or Blyxa? I need to thin out and can bring these if they are wanted. I can also bring some Najas guadelupensis I've been trying. I found that in fairly high light, it stays rooted very well and gets a nice coloration to it...but the lighting has to be mod-high or better (going by PAR, not WPG).

Comment

Originally posted by davemonkey View Post
        Does anyone need any Riccia or Blyxa? I need to thin out and can bring these if they are wanted. I can also bring some Najas guadelupensis I've been trying. I found that in fairly high light, it stays rooted very well and gets a nice coloration to it...but the lighting has to be mod-high or better (going by PAR, not WPG).
        If anything bring it an I can throw it in the grow out area for club sales.. the Blyxa has thickened up so I will be pulling some for my purposes and some sells as well. Michael needs to grab a few from me as well. But like I said it is growing very well and needs to be thinned from me as well.

I assume the Najas Guadelupensis is native? If so I do want a piece of that. Got a native Texas paludarium biotope in the planning stages.
        Houston Areas Aquatic Plant Society

Comment

Originally posted by kwc1974 View Post
          I assume the Najas Guadelupensis is native? If so I do want a piece of that. Got a native Texas paludarium biotope in the planning stages.
          You bet! Yeah, I'll bring it and some Ruppia maritma as well (Widgeon Grass, also native...grows similar to giant hairgrass, but then also branches off mid-way up the plant).

How are those Ludwigias doing for you. I have one that I believe to be a local natural hybrid version of L. glandulosa. It seems to be okay so far. It only gets a slight pink hue at the tops...nothing like the dark red that glandulosa is famous for.

Comment

ooh, where is this going to be at? time at 1pm?
            Will trade Fish Stuff for Camera Lens and Anime Figures.

Comment

Jozle, It will be at Kevin's house in Pearland. Send him a PM directly (kwc1974) to get his address and directions. Yes, at 1pm. Hope to see you there!

-Dave

Comment

Working...
              X