X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Oscar the Oscar

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344517523.289927.jpg

Awww, hi Oscar!
    180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
    75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
    50g - Various platy & mollies
    10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Comment

what a handsome face! :love::love:
      my fish house:
      2.5g- ramshorn hatchery
      6g eclipse- yellow shrimp, chili rasboras, yellow apple snails
      29g- geo grow-out, angels, 12"fire eel, dwarf frog, apple snails
      45g- jade sleeper gobies, native killifish, feeder endlers

75g-
      2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby
      125g- fahaka puffer, rainbow shark
      and about a dozen bettas....

Comment

He's just a big puppy dog... feeding time he comes to where I feed at and just starts wagging his body like a dog does its tail... The others hang back till he moves on

Comment

I know what you mean. All the other fish in my O tank don't even bother coming to me when they see the food container. They wait for my O's to shred everything so they can eat the leftovers, lol. Always fun to watch.

Comment

Yes... They have got to be the best fish you can get that has a personality ;-)

Comment

What do you feed yours?

Comment

I feed mine small children.

LOL j/k

I've feed them Hikari Cichlid Gold for almost a year, but am thinking of changing to a better food. They're growing fine & healthy, but I'd like to feed them something better, just not sure what. They have little interest in the live foods I've tried (crickets, feeders, meal worms) & lately all they wanna do is cuddle with each other. They're like 1 fish, aside from the tail slapping which they have to get a little bit away from each other to do. Damn teenagers, lol.

Comment

my parrot and convicts beg with the oscars... they have no fear. I like the hikari too, but I feed a widely varied diet. nls, frozen cubes of things, molly/guppy fry, earthworms, frogs from the backyard... you get the idea.
                  my fish house:
                  2.5g- ramshorn hatchery

75g-
                  2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby

Comment

I don't like feeding them things I don't know the health of, which has kept me from feeding them live things from outside (lizards, frogs, bugs, etc) but I did try feeding them an earthworm once. They looked at it, looked at me, turned their tails and noses up and swam away. The bichir made quick work of it, though. I just don't want them to get sick.

I have to net the guppy fry that get sucked up from the sump and spit out into the tank or they'll be grown ups. No one is interested in eating them since we lost the bichir to a jagged edge we missed on a piece of slate. The Lutino will eat live foods faster than the Tiger, tho. I guess she's just more adventurous. He won't eat anything until she does. I know who wears the pants in their world, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ScorpiosWife View Post
                      I feed mine small children.

LOL j/k

I've feed them Hikari Cichlid Gold for almost a year, but am thinking of changing to a better food. They're growing fine & healthy, but I'd like to feed them something better, just not sure what. They have little interest in the live foods I've tried (crickets, feeders, meal worms) & lately all they wanna do is cuddle with each other. They're like 1 fish, aside from the tail slapping which they have to get a little bit away from each other to do. Damn teenagers, lol.
                      LOL

Comment

I do feed frozen blood worms to mine... he'll take the whole ice cube of worms... funny watching him grind it up... i'll only give him 4 of those... the jd and gt will snap up what pops out oscars gills

Comment

my son loves watching them go after live food. and they do go after it. I'm pretty confident about the critters in my yard, and I've never had any issues. its fun for (almost) all!
                          my fish house:
                          2.5g- ramshorn hatchery

75g-

Comment

Working...
                          X