Go another IYHO LED light question/ skimmer question for 20g mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go another IYHO LED light question/ skimmer question for 20g mini

My position is this. Many of you are like me. Spend $1000 on multiple units, when with the right question or suggestion, would have led the end result first. Then I try to sell my $800 learning experiences. (they're currently stacking up, and I'm catching heck!)

I'm properly reefing my 20g, with a glass-holes overflow, and drilled return, and 10 g sump.

Who makes an appropriately bright light for a standard sized 20 g? SPS and softies, while most LED can be turned up to support clams in a 20g. I have a double T5, but the fans are noisy, so I run one light minus fans. (about to be for sale)

I might build a custom CREE fixture and hang it from a bowed metal bracket set.

I have only read of the CPR backpak as being a good skimmer fot the 10 g sump, but it had two mods performed to gain that exalted status.

I am leaning towards the bubble magus, or reef octopus for my 75 build.(yea, it is getting glass-holes treatment also) Do they also have a mini for a 10g sump? I will fuge the sump with a cheato chamber, and sand bed to harbor micro mini starfish.

What are your experiences? All is appreciated!
    39g Crypt/ anubias, wild shrimp and minnows.

55g Reef- first salt in many many years, coming along. Looking great, and stable. Garden mix of soft/lps corals. DIY refugeum

20g Reef- different than the first by design.

if you look to build a DIY Cree setup, search for h2oaggie's build post on theplantedtank. i saw that fixture in person before he sold it and it was dang brite and looked really good for DIY!
    75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
    28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
    12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
    29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
    45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
    33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Working...
    X