F1 Moba fry @ 30 days from my wc Black Moba Momma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Moba fry @ 30 days from my wc Black Moba Momma

My wc black moba momma had 24 fry a few weeks ago. They are 30 days old and ready to come out of the tumbler this evening. I will put them in a floating nursery so they can have some more room. I'll start feeding them NLS Thera A (.5mm smallest size) 1x daily.

As you can see from the coloring they are choice. I got my wc moba colony from TNT Cichlids back in Jan of 2005 and she started spawning about 3 mos later and hasn't stopped. The biggest spawn I got from her was about 45 about 2 years ago.

Enjoy the pic and vid!!!!!!!

These fry have great coloring already. The coloring is even better under natural light......rich blue and dark, solid stripes.

180g Oceanic w/colony of 8 WC Moba Fronts (1m/7f) purchased from TNT Cichlids in Jan '05 & numerous fry. 1 F1 adult moba male. 2 2217 Eheims, 2 6080 Tunze Streams, WISA airpump, single stage Johnson ETC.....fishkeeping since 1988.

Nice!!!!! Are you selling them?

Comment

that is real cool...
      Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

wow , their color is already popping ! Very nice
        Don't tell fish stories where people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.
        Mark Twain

Comment

Nice fry Ron! Beautiful colors! My Mikulas are a lighter color of blue but it still pops. :)
          125G: Mikula Frontosas
          75G: Mbuna Cichlids, Jack Dempsey

Comment

Wow those are really nice...one day I will get me some...

Comment

Will you be selling them , txt 281-866-5285

Comment

Ron's mobas and especially his black moba momma fry are top quality!
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Beautiful fish, as always. Out of curiousity, have you kept track of how many fry your WC colony has produced since you got them?
                  Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                  Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                  Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                  Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Ron has flooded the states with Mobas and the drop in price/demand is due to Ron's colony.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by cu0ngsayz View Post
                      Nice!!!!! Are you selling them?
                      Yes I sell my F1 moba fry. I wish I could keep them all, but all I have is a 180g tank. I usually post them in the For Sale Section here when they hit the magic 1" mark. 15 of the 24 fry are already on hold for a customer. He will most likely take them all.

Originally posted by armthehomeless View Post
                      Beautiful fish, as always. Out of curiousity, have you kept track of how many fry your WC colony has produced since you got them?
                      I have kept records since they began spawning. This colony has produced slightly over 700 fry since 2005. :) :)

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                      Ron has flooded the states with Mobas and the drop in price/demand is due to Ron's colony.
                      I wish!!!!! I sell 90% here locally. I like to meet my customers face-to-face, show them my set up, answer their questions and ask them about their set ups. My main goal is for my customers to take good care of their fish and have success. I have a customer in San Antonio that bought 15 F1 black moba momma fry from me back in 2006 or 2007. They spawned a few months ago. These are her grandbabies! It makes me feel good that she took good care of them and they spawned for her.

I don't ship fry. I have shipper's approval from Southwest Air Cargo, an oxygen tank and regulator and most everything I need to ship fish. I like the personal interaction I get with my customers and get enough interest here in Texas. All my customers come to my house to pick out and pick up their fry and juvies (when I have them). They get to see my wc moba colony and the parents of their fry. It makes for a good customer relationship.

Ek is one of my past customers. I enjoyed meeting him. He's a great guy!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!! In fact I've met several great houstonfishboxers.

My F1 moba fry have made new homes in Brownsville, McAllen, Mexico, New Mexico, Beaumont, San Antonio, Austin, San Marcos, College Station, Conroe, Kingwood, the Woodlands, Dallas, Lubbock and Louisiana.

I think the drop in price is due to 2 reasons: 1) more regular shipments of wc mobas out of Africa and 2) the harder economic times here in the U.S. We are seeing a slightly reduced price in wc mobas out of Africa, however the mobas are smaller. When I got mine back in 2005 they were averaging between 5" to 7" and larger. For the last 2 years the sizes have been starting as small as 3" to 4". I believe many of these fish may be F1's raised in concrete holding tanks and being sold as wild-caughts. It costs more to dive for them and I think it's still not safe due to the rebel warfare in Africa. The rebels would steal the divers' gas, food and supplies. It was very dangerous.

Fishkeeping is a hobby and a luxury cost for most. I dropped my prices back in 2006 or 2007 to help Houston hobbyist. I could have started shipping, but I was still get lots of interest here in Houston and Texas. I was getting $40 to $50 per fry at 1" before I dropped my prices. Folks from Cali, U.S. northern states and the east coast contacted me wanting to buy fry. I just like to support local fishkeepers.
                      180g Oceanic w/colony of 8 WC Moba Fronts (1m/7f) purchased from TNT Cichlids in Jan '05 & numerous fry. 1 F1 adult moba male. 2 2217 Eheims, 2 6080 Tunze Streams, WISA airpump, single stage Johnson ETC.....fishkeeping since 1988.

Comment

Very nice, sounds like u got quite the group and they are nice babies too. Wouldn't mind doing a front colony myself one day
                        5 gal baby hecqui grow out
                        7 gal baby compressicps
                        14 bio cube fry tank, multies-orange leleupi-telmatochromis
                        4 tank rack- 30 cubes. Shellies, mulities-brevis-telmatochromis-caudopunctaus
                        100 gal mixed community tank
                        125 Tropheus black bembas

Tanngankia cichlids what else

Comment

Ron, let me know next time you have fry available

Comment

Originally posted by NDsuperduty View Post
                            Ron, let me know next time you have fry available
                            Will do. I have 15 F1 moba fry that will be ready in about another month that I am holding for an out-of-town customer.

I have other mommas that will be spawning soon. I'll keep you posted.

It would be a good idea to check in with me in about another month though.

Comment

i think i may have already asked you but are you selling the fry? ill buy a few.

7133036978 text/call

let me know they look nice
                              You will never know if you didn't try!

Comment

Working...
                              X