toadstool size and polyps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toadstool size and polyps?

I got this toadstool 3 weeks ago and well during acclimation in my tank it shed several times the slime coating that I removed, since I believe it is toxic.

but the last couple of days I have seen that during the day it increments size and also it has polyps or not sure what you called them. Is that normal?

That's normal its just.finally opening up for you they'll come out long when fully open

Comment

ah good to know, that was not explained to me on the LFS, I was told they pretty much do not do anything, and now that it has been expanding and the polyps for me that means it is moving not like a zoa or a torch but it definitively shows some life.

Comment

It should be fine, toadstools are very easy to keep

Comment

Ive had a 5-6" diameter toadstool in the corner of my tank for about 5 years. It has grown to where I think flow from the corner return is bothering it. For reasons that I can't explain I've just left it there. It has stayed closed for at least 4 months occasionally just sending out a millimeter or two length of polyps. So they can survive like this for quite some time. Most likely somehting is irritating yours. Perhpas too much light?
          This thread at least reminds me that I really should move mine. Thanks!
          Entrepreneurship Coach

Comment

Working...
          X