Another funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another funny

I never dreamed slowly cruising through a residential neighborhood could be so incredibly dangerous!

Studies have shown that motorcycling requires more decisions per second, and more sheer data processing than nearly any other common activity or sport. The reactions and accurate decision making abilities needed have been likened to the reactions of fighter pilots! The consequences of bad decisions or poor situational awareness are pretty much the same for both groups too.

Occasionally, as a rider I have caught myself starting to make bad or late decisions while riding. In flight training, my instructors called this being “behind the power curve”. It is a mark of experience that when this begins to happen, the rider recognizes the situation, and more importantly, does something about it. A short break, a meal, or even a gas stop can set things right again as it gives the brain a chance to catch up.

Good, accurate, and timely decisions are essential when riding a motorcycle…at least if you want to remain among the living. In short, the brain needs to keep up with the machine.

I had been banging around the roads of east Texas and as I headed back into Dallas, found myself in very heavy, high-speed traffic on the freeways. Normally, this is not a problem, I commute in these conditions daily, but suddenly I was nearly run down by a cage that decided it needed my lane more than I did. This is not normally a big deal either, as it happens around here often, but usually I can accurately predict which drivers are not paying attention and avoid them before we are even close. This one I missed seeing until it was nearly too late, and as I took evasive action I nearly broadsided another car that I was not even aware was there!

Two bad decisions and insufficient situational awareness…all within seconds. I was behind the power curve. Time to get off the freeway.

I hit the next exit, and as I was in an area I knew pretty well, headed through a few big residential neighborhoods as a new route home. As I turned onto the nearly empty streets I opened the visor on my full-face helmet to help get some air. I figured some slow riding through the quiet surface streets would give me time to relax, think, and regain that “edge” so frequently required when riding.

Little did I suspect…

As I passed an oncoming car, a brown furry missile shot out from under it and tumbled to a stop immediately in front of me. It was a squirrel, and must have been trying to run across the road when it encountered the car. I really was not going very fast, but there was no time to brake or avoid it—it was that close.

I hate to run over animals…and I really hate it on a motorcycle, but a squirrel should pose no danger to me. I barely had time to brace for the impact.

Animal lovers, never fear. Squirrels can take care of themselves!

Inches before impact, the squirrel flipped to his feet. He was standing on his hind legs and facing the oncoming Valkyrie with steadfast resolve in his little beady eyes. His mouth opened, and at the last possible second, he screamed and leapt! I am pretty sure the scream was squirrel for, “Banzai!” or maybe, “Die you gravy-sucking, heathen scum!” as the leap was spectacular and he flew over the windshield and impacted me squarely in the chest.

Instantly he set upon me. If I did not know better I would have sworn he brought twenty of his little buddies along for the attack. Snarling, hissing, and tearing at my clothes, he was a frenzy of activity. As I was dressed only in a light t-shirt, summer riding gloves, and jeans this was a bit of a cause for concern. This furry little tornado was doing some damage!

Picture a large man on a huge black and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a t-shirt, and leather gloves puttering maybe 25mph down a quiet residential street…and in the fight of his life with a squirrel. And losing.

I grabbed for him with my left hand and managed to snag his tail. With all my strength I flung the evil rodent off the left of the bike, almost running into the right curb as I recoiled from the throw.

That should have done it. The matter should have ended right there. It really should have. The squirrel could have sailed into one of the pristinely kept yards and gone on about his business, and I could have headed home. No one would have been the wiser.

But this was no ordinary squirrel. This was not even an ordinary pissed-off squirrel.

This was an evil attack squirrel of death!

Somehow he caught my gloved finger with one of his little hands, and with the force of the throw swung around and with a resounding thump and an amazing impact he landed square on my back and resumed his rather anti-social and extremely distracting activities. He also managed to take my left glove with him!

The situation was not improved. Not improved at all. His attacks were continuing, and now I could not reach him.

I was startled to say the least. The combination of the force of the throw, only having one hand (the throttle hand) on the handlebars, and my jerking back unfortunately put a healthy twist through my right hand and into the throttle. A healthy twist on the throttle of a Valkyrie can only have one result. Torque. This is what the Valkyrie is made for, and she is very, very good at it.

The engine roared as the front wheel left the pavement. The squirrel screamed in anger. The Valkyrie screamed in ecstasy. I screamed in… well…I just plain screamed.

Now picture a large man on a huge black and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a slightly squirrel torn t-shirt, and only one leather glove roaring at maybe 70mph and rapidly accelerating down a quiet residential street…on one wheel and with a demonic squirrel on his back. The man and the squirrel are both screaming bloody murder.

With the sudden acceleration I was forced to put my other hand back on the handlebars and try to get control of the bike. This was leaving the mutant squirrel to his own devices, but I really did not want to crash into somebody’s tree, house, or parked car. Also, I had not yet figured out how to release the throttle…my brain was just simply overloaded. I did manage to mash the back brake, but it had little affect against the massive power of the big cruiser.

About this time the squirrel decided that I was not paying sufficient attention to this very serious battle (maybe he is a Scottish attack squirrel of death), and he came around my neck and got IN my full-face helmet with me. As the faceplate closed partway and he began hissing in my face I am quite sure my screaming changed tone and intensity. It seemed to have little affect on the squirrel however.

The rpm’s on The Dragon maxed out (I was not concerned about shifting at the moment) and her front end started to drop.

Now picture the large man on the huge black and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a very ragged torn t-shirt, and wearing one leather glove, roaring at probably 80mph, still on one wheel, with a large puffy squirrel’s tail sticking out his mostly closed full-face helmet. By now the screams are probably getting a little hoarse.

Finally I got the upper hand…I managed to grab his tail again, pulled him out of my helmet, and slung him to the left as hard as I could. This time it worked…sort-of. Spectacularly sort-of, so to speak.

Picture the scene. You are a cop. You and your partner have pulled off on a quiet residential street and parked with your windows down to do some paperwork.

Suddenly a large man on a huge black and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a torn t-shirt flapping in the breeze, and wearing one leather glove, moving at probably 80mph on one wheel, and screaming bloody murder roars by and with all his strength throws a live squirrel grenade directly into your police car.

I heard screams. They weren't mine...

I managed to get the big motorcycle under directional control and dropped the front wheel to the ground. I then used maximum braking and skidded to a stop in a cloud of tire smoke at the stop sign at a busy cross street.

I would have returned to fess up (and to get my glove back). I really would have. Really. But for two things. First, the cops did not seem interested or the slightest bit concerned about me at the moment. One of them was on his back in the front yard of the house they had been parked in front of and was rapidly crabbing backwards away from the patrol car. The other was standing in the street and was training a riot shotgun on the police cruiser.

So the cops were not interested in me. They often insist to “let the professionals handle it” anyway. That was one thing. The other? Well, I swear I could see the squirrel, standing in the back window of the patrol car among shredded and flying pieces of foam and upholstery, and shaking his little fist at me. I think he was shooting me the finger…

That is one dangerous squirrel. And now he has a patrol car…

I took a deep breath, turned on my turn-signal, made an easy right turn, and sedately left the neighborhood.

As for my easy and slow drive home? Screw it. Faced with a choice of 80mph cars and inattentive drivers, or the evil, demonic, attack squirrel of death...I’ll take my chances with the freeway. Every time.
    Go to Heaven for the climate Hell for the company.

125g SA/CA
    125g Red Jewels, and mbuna
    90g Hex Angels, Tetras, and Cories
    55g Low Tech Planted. Guppies, Neon Tetras, Red Cherry Shrimp
    55g peacock pair
    45g Fry tank
    12g Hospital Tank
    75g Coming soon....Geos?

Thanks for exercising my tummy muscles, flocking hysterical!!!!

Comment

A funny for a funny: “PottyPossum”

I’m at work the other day and my brother calls me. I answerthe phone and then I’m asked if I know what a potty possum is. Well I’ve neverbeen asked that before so I immediately didn’t have an answer to thatquestion. Things start rolling around inmy brain trying to think what that could possibly be.
      I tell him I’m at a loss that I don’t know what a pottypossum is and the story is about to unfold!
      He , my brother, explains to me that he woke up earlier thannormal to take a leak and was going to go right back to bed. He figured that ifhe sat down he wouldn’t fully awake andhe could go right back to bed to catch a snooze before work.
      He takes care of recycling his fluids and stands up turnsaround and is ready to flush away. Hecatches something out of the corner of his eye before he does this task. Withhim looking down he notices two little beady eyes looking back at him.
      At this point intime I’m asking my brother how much he had to drink the night before. No onelooks down in a toilet to see two eyes looking back at you, no one. I waswrong. Apparently the lawn service had kicked free the top of the sewercleanout to the water there and a baby possum had entered the toilet, actuallygoing through the water to get there.
      This possum thought he had found his new home. He had beenthere so long he had time to dry off and was quite comfortable before mybrother sat on the throne.

Now let’s look at this through the possum’s eyes. I just hada nice swim and it’s nice and cozy here. I think I’ll take a nap. After waitinga bit, breakfast is served! When’s the last time I was served sausage and eggsand didn’t have to work for it?
      Can you imagine what would have happened had the possumdecided to reach out and touch someone? I can see my brothers eyes gettingreally big like on the cartoons and him literally floating off the toilet tosee what had touched him.
      The next part is my brother dealing with the situation.
      Now we have to deal with reality and yes I’m awake and yesthere’s a possum in my toilet that I just managed to urinate on. So much forthat snooze I thought I was going to get. What to do next? Ahh a plan of attackensues, welding gloves and a screwdriver are soon brought to the bathroom whereour new found camper isn’t happy anymore, neither is my brother.
      Corey unscrews the screen to the window because he thoughtit would be better to dispose of his new love in an expediate manner ratherthan carrying it through the house especially after being wizzed on so early inthe morning. Gloves come on and without even a handshake or parting wordsCorey’s new love is tossed out the window without even getting a rinse job.What’s the world coming too when you can’t even get a rinse job?

Comment

A man was working on his motorcycle on his patio and his wife was in the house in the kitchen. The man was racing the engine on the motorcycle and somehow, the motorcycle slipped into gear. The man, still holding the handlebars, was dragged through a glass patio door and along with the motorcycle dumped onto the floor inside the house. The wife, hearing the crash, ran into the dining room, and found her husband laying on the floor, cut and bleeding, the motorcycle laying next to him and the patio door shattered. The wife ran to the phone and summoned an ambulance. Because they lived on a fairly large hill, the wife went down the several flights of long steps to the street to direct the paramedics to her husband.

After the ambulance arrived and transported the husband to the hospital, the wife uprighted the motorcycle and pushed it outside. Seeing that gas had spilled on the floor, the wife obtained some papers towels, blotted up the gasoline, and threw the towels in the toilet. The husband was treated at the hospital and was released to come home. After arriving home, he looked at the shattered patio door and the damage done to his motorcycle. He became despondent, went into the bathroom, sat on the toilet and smoked a cigarette. After finishing the cigarette, he flipped it between his legs into the toilet bowl while still seated.

The wife, who was in the kitchen, heard a loud explosion and her husband screaming. She ran into the bathroom and found her husband lying on the floor. His trousers had been blown away and he was suffering burns on the buttocks, the back of his legs and his groin.The wife again ran to the phone and called for an ambulance.

The same ambulance crew was dispatched and the wife met them at the street. The paramedics loaded the husband on the stretcher and began carrying him to the street. While they were going down the stairs to the street accompanied by the wife, one of the paramedics asked the wife how the husband had burned himself. She told them and the paramedics started laughing so hard, one of them tipped the stretcher and dumped the husband out. He fell down the remaining steps and broke his arm. Now THAT is a bad day...

125g SA/CA
        55g peacock pair
        45g Fry tank
        12g Hospital Tank
        75g Coming soon....Geos?

Comment

attack of the rodents?
          175g - fw flounder tank
          600g - guppy bait tank

Comment

Texas Chili Contest

Warning - If you can read this whole story without laughing out loud,
            then there's no hope for you.

Note: Please take time to read this slowly. If you pay attention to the
            first two judges, the reaction of the third judge is even better.

For those of you who have lived in Texas, you know how true this is.
            They actually have a chili cook-off about the time Halloween comes
            around. It takes up a major portion of a parking lot at the San Antonio
            city park.

The notes are from an inexperienced chili taster named Frank, who was
            visiting from Springfield, IL.

Frank: "Recently, I was honored to be selected as a judge at a chili
            cooking contest. The original person called in sick at the last moment
            and I happened to be standing there at the judge's table asking for
            directions to the Coors Light truck, when the call came in. I was
            assured by the other two judges ! (native Texans) that the chili
            wouldn't be all that spicy and, besides, they told me I could have free
            beer during the tasting, so I accepted".

Here are the scorecards from the event: (Frank is Judge #3)

Chili # 1 Eddie's Maniac Monster Chili...

Judge # 1 -- A little too heavy on the tomato. Amusing kick.

Judge # 2 -- Nice, smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.

Judge # 33 -- (Frank) What the hell is this stuff?! You could remove
            dried paint from your driveway. Took me two beers to put out the flames.
            I hope that's the worst one. These Texans are crazy!

Chili # 2 Austin's Afterburner Chili...

Judge # 1 -- Smoky, with a hint of pork. Slight jalapeno tang.

Judge # 2 -- Exciting BBQ flavor; needs more peppers to be taken
            seriously.

Judge # 3 -- Keep this out of the reach of children. I'm not sure what
            I'm supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who
            wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. They had to rush in more beer
            when they saw the look on my face.

Chili # 3 Ronny's Famous Burn Down the Barn Chili...

Judge # 1 -- Excellent firehouse chili. Great kick. Needs more beans.

Judge # 2 -- A bean less chili, a bit salty, good use of peppers.

Judge # 3 -- Call the EPA. I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels
            like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now. Get
            me more beer before I ignite. Barmaid pounded me on the back, now my
            backbone is in the front part of my chest. I'm getting pie-eyed from all
            of the beer...

Chili # 4 Dave's Black Magic...

Judge # 1 -- Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.

Judge # 2 -- Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish,
            or other mild foods; not much of a chili.

Judge # 3 -- I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable
            to taste it. Is it possible to burn out taste buds? Sally, the barmaid,
            was standing behind me with fresh refills. That 300-lb. woman is
            starting to look HOT...just like this nuclear waste I'm eating! Is chili
            an aphrodisiac?

Chili # 5 Lisa's Legal Lip Remover...

Judge # 1 -- Meaty, strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground, adding
            considerable kick. Very impressive.

Judge # 2 -- Chili using shredded beef, could use more tomato. Must
            admit the cayenne peppers make a strong statement.

Judge # 3 -- My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead, and
            I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted and four people behind me needed
            paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her
            chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by
            pouring beer directly on it from the pitcher. I wonder if I'm burning my
            lips off. It really pisses me off that the other judges asked me to stop
            screaming. Screw those rednecks.

Chili # 6 Pam's Very Vegetarian Variety...

Judge # 1 -- Thin, yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of
            spices and peppers.

Judge # 2 - The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, and garlic.
            Superb.

Judge # 3 -- My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous,
            sulfuric flames. I pooped on myself when I farted and I'm worried it
            will eat through the chair! No one seems inclined to stand behind me
            anymore. I need to wipe my butt with a snow cone.

Chili # 7 Carla's Screaming Sensation Chili...

Judge # 1 -- A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.

Judge # 2 -- Ho-hum; tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of
            chili peppers at the last moment. **I should take note that I am worried
            about Judge # 3. He appears to be in a bit of distress, as he is cursing
            uncontrollably.

Judge # 3 -- You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I
            wouldn't! feel a thing. I've lost sight in one eye, and the world sounds
            like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili, which
            slid unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of lava to match my
            shirt. At least during the autopsy, they'll know what killed me. I've
            decided to stop breathing; it's too painful. Screw it; I'm not getting
            any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just suck it in through the
            4-inch hole in my stomach.

Chili # 8 Karen's Toenail Curling Chili...

Judge # 1 -- The perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili. Not too
            bold, but spicy enough to declare its existence.

Judge # 2 -- This final entry is a good, balanced chili. Neither mild,
            nor hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge # 3 farted,
            passed out, fell over, and pulled the chili pot down on top of himself.
            Not sure if he's going to make it. Poor fella, wonder how he'd have
            reacted to really hot chili?

Comment

A bad day

Rob is a commercial saturation diver for Global Divers in
              Louisiana . He performs underwater repairs on offshore drillingrigs. Below is an E-mail he sent to his sister. She then sent it to radiostation 103.2 On FM dial in Ft. Wayne , Indiana , who was sponsoring a worstjob Experience contest.

Needless to say, she won.

Hi Sue,

Just another note from your bottom-dwelling brother! Last week I had a bad dayat the office. I know you've been feeling down lately at work, so I thought Iwould share my dilemma with you to make you realize it's not so bad after all.Before I can tell you what happened to me, I first must bore you with a fewtechnicalities of my job.

As you know, my office lies at the bottom of the sea. I wear a suit to theoffice. It's a wetsuit. This time of year the water is quite cool. So what wedo to keep warm is this: We have a diesel powered industrial water heater. This$20,000 piece of equipment sucks the water out of the sea. It heats it to adelightful temperature. It then pumps it down to the diver through a gardenhose, which is taped to the air hose. Now this sounds like a darn good plan,and I've used it several times with no complaints. What I do, when I get to thebottom and start working, is take the hose and stuff it down the back of mywetsuit. This floods my whole suit with warm water. It's like working in aJacuzzi.

Everything was going well until all of a sudden, my butt started to itch. So,of course, I scratched it. This only made things worse.

Within a few seconds my butt started to burn. I pulled the hose out from myback, but the damage was done. In agony I realized what had happened.

The hot water machine had sucked up a jellyfish and pumped it into my suit.Now, since I don't have any hair on my back, the jellyfish couldn't stick toit.. However, the crack of my butt was not as fortunate. When I scratched whatI thought was an itch, I was actually grinding the jellyfish into the crack ofmy butt.

I informed the dive supervisor of my dilemma over the communicator. Hisinstructions were unclear due to the fact that he, along with five other diverswas all laughing hysterically.

Needless to say I aborted the dive.

I was instructed to make three agonizing in-water decompression stops totalingthirty-five minutes before I could reach the surface to begin my chamber drydecompression.

When I arrived at the surface, I was wearing nothing but my brass helmet. As Iclimbed out of the water, the medic, with tears of laughter running down hisface, handed me a tube of cream and told me to rub it on my butt as soon as Igot in the chamber. The cream put the fire out, but I couldn't poop for twodays because my butt was swollen shut.

So, next time you're having a bad day at work, think about how much worse itwould be if you had a jellyfish shoved up your butt.

Now repeat to yourself, "I love my job, I love my job, I love myjob." Now whenever you have a bad day, ask yourself, is this a jellyfishbad day?

May you NEVER have a jelly fish bad day!

Comment

Both of those are funny as can be. I forgot about the chili contest.... Haven't seen that one in a while!

125g SA/CA
                55g peacock pair
                45g Fry tank
                12g Hospital Tank
                75g Coming soon....Geos?

Comment

These are good, lol.
                  180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
                  75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
                  50g - Various platy & mollies
                  10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Comment

Working...
                  X