Worst Vacation Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Vacation Ever

Been down on the coast since Monday with nothing but mosquitos, high winds, and rain. Whole family decides to go swimming and boogey boarding. I'm getting out and I see three guys high tailing it to six people getting swept away by the current into a wall with nothing but huge boulders filled with barnacles and algae. I run out of the water and take a look to see what's going on. Two kids got out OK with their help but the four other people (two men, one woman, and one 7 or 8 year old kid) get swept over to the wall and are getting pounded by waves and getting cut up bad by the rocks. I run over and throw my board in. The little boy is with one man and the lady is with her guy both seperated. The boy and the man are on a big rock that is about ten feet from the wall and keep falling off but the woman and guy are in a worse situation. They are literally pinned against the rocks and each wave is knocking them into the rocks. I'm yelling for help while looking for something to get them out. They are about twenty feet down and the only way out is up. My friend grabs a strap from a local's house and we use it to get the woman and dude out. The lady came out and almost fell back in because she was so dizzy. Came up with over fifty cuts and was bleeding all over the place. The guy was OK. Just a few cuts. Then the boy was next. We get some rope and drop it over his head to get a loop around his body and get him about ten feet in the air when the rope breaks. He falls back down on his back and he immediately loses it and the waves start taking him. The mman grabs him and we do it again and get him up. He was crying aand traumatized and had some good cuts to deal with. The next guy was the heaviest but by that time it was my friend and I and two other guys. We threw hhim a life preserver tube and he put it around his arm along with the rope around his waist and we pulled him in. Took about twenty five minutes to get everyone out but thank God they are OK. I never want to experience anything close to that again.
    210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
    125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Good Job, lucky you guys were there to lend a hand.
    Don't tell fish stories where people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.
    Mark Twain

Comment

Quick thinking and good work....got to make you feel good to be able to help!
      215g Malawi Peacocks and Mbuna
      180g Tropheus Ikola and Bemba and Clown Loaches
      58g Bristlenose breeding and grow out

Comment

Originally posted by SteveCGG View Post
        Quick thinking and good work....got to make you feel good to be able to help!
        +1 Good job J
        http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

How awful. Glad you were there and reacted quickly to help save them & that you had help with them as well. That could have been a very bad ordeal. Sorry it ruined your vacation, but pat yourself on the back. They may very well be enjoying theirs now because you were there to lend a life saving hand. Everything happens for a reason.
          180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
          75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
          50g - Various platy & mollies
          10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Comment

Nice work Josiah
            150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
            125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
            115G Tanganyikan

Comment

I'm just glad I helped them and it was seriously a life or death situation. Thing that sucked the most was the kid being so shaken up that he may never want to get in the water again. His body was bruised and cut up. Glad they made it though. My mind is still trippin.
              125g Mdoka White Lip

Comment

wow!!!!!!!! i think the man above put you in the picture for a reason. cause if you werent there things would have been diff.. good to know everyone is OK

Comment

Dude, it's not the MAN above. It's Alanis Morissette in pigtails
                  http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Wow! That's a bad vacation. Darwin vs God...
                    Man you are a Hero, but sandwichs never last long...LOL...
                    Really. You have done something few people ever do. You Saved some ones Life....
                    The adults maybe, but the little boy no doubt. You are a HERO!!!
                    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Good on ya, mate!

Mark
                      What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

I'm far from a hero. Anyone of you would have done the same thing. Bad vacation continues. Booked a deep sea charter, ran out two hours and captain called it and high tailed it back in.
                        125g Mdoka White Lip

Comment

Man, I wish I could shake your hand! And yes, you are a hero in my book whether you choose to believe it or not!

Comment

Working...
                          X