No announcement yet.

Warlock: Selva Terrarium | Forest Floor 18" X 18"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea.. i think so.. HYPOPHYTE has very good taste in plants :)

North American Discus Association, Secretary (N.A.D.A.)
    N.A.D.A Facebook
    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Comment

I can get you some cultures if you ever make it down to Houston. Also hit up johnachili on dendroboard that's where I got my leucs and I am very happy with them

Comment

There is a dart frog business in Austin that I almost ordered some frogs from. I'll see if I can find their info. I don't remember if they had Leucs or not
        135 gal Fahaka Puffer
        150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
        185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

any help is great :)

North American Discus Association, Secretary (N.A.D.A.)
          N.A.D.A Facebook
          Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Comment

I'm intrigued by this setup . . . be sure to post pics as you work on it!
            Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
            Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
            Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
            Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

The leading source brandable domain names. Competitive prices. Excellent service. Get your domain name today.

Its run by a couple of guys so its not a big operation. I was going to order cobalts from them before I decided frogs just weren't for me. The guy I emailed was Tobias and he was pretty friendly and helpful.
              135 gal Fahaka Puffer
              150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
              185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

i am interested in the air circulation idea, fresh air is definately a good idea to balance humidity and prevent stagnant air. if its on all the time though, humidity for PDF may be a concern so you may want to keep that in mind. these exoterras have really good cross flow ventillation as it is. you may have to FF-proof the some of the vents or they will escape. search this on the web as it is commonly done. this is a great idea for a regular aquarium type build though, the air could be controlled by a hygrotherm so that it shuts off it the humidity drops too low. I am curious to see how the selva system works out.

keep in mind that d.leucomelas is primarily terrestrial so keep plenty of floor space open.

i have been deciding how i want to set up my new 40 breeder terrarium and may use the airstone idea below that false floor. i am also going to try to keep breeding groups of springtails and / or wood lice in a leaf bed area to see if i can keep these renewable. i have read about others doing it and i HATE maintaining feeder cultures lol.
                75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
                28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
                12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
                29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
                45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
                33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Awesome setup! Love Leucs! And I have some if you need. I'm in Houston, Northwest side near Memorial City Mall.

I would give them lots of things to climb on, like cork bark, etc. They will climb. But just not on the glass. At least, not for long.

And I use clear silicone glue to make the gaps on my exo's FF proof. You put tape along inside of tank, put in the glue in the gap and clean off excess glue. Then when it's all dry, take off the tape and using a blade, cut straight through the center, or on one side of the glue. Works pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                  X