No announcement yet.

New to the puffer world!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea. Trying to start one. Lol. Gonna buy a bunch of them and sw of they breed

Comment

Is it normal for the puffer to be in a corner? I just added him in the tank yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by cu0ngsayz View Post
        Is it normal for the puffer to be in a corner? I just added him in the tank yesterday
        Just stressed, give it a couple days.
        20g mixed reef

Comment

He or she is just getting used to the place
          Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

I agree, puffers hate-hate-hate moving. It took mine a couple weeks or more to really settle in and stop pouting.

Definitely over-filter, then over-filter some more!

As far as 'scape, yeah it's really more about what you like than the puffer, and leave them plenty of room to swim, but- plants will help keep the nitrates down a bit if he/she won't munch them, and in my experience most fahakas like to explore and enjoy some sort of cover/cave or place to hide. I know when Suki was smaller, she enjoyed snuggling into a little overhang/cave-ish place on the big driftwood. Now she's too big to fit, so she buries herself in the sand in "her spot" when she's sulky. Lol.

Good luck with your little guy! Puffers are way fun. Definitely post up some pics, we wanna see!
            "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

he starting to get comfy in his new home!!! swimming around and not in one corner anymore so pictures will be coming up soon

Comment

165980_4176495380031_823061444_n.jpg

391329_4176498180101_87908797_n.jpg

dont mind the dirty eater!!!! how do you guys feed them shrimp its soo dirty!!!! do you peel it before feeding? couldnt imagine if i had some kind of substrate.

Comment

peeling before feeding would eliminate some of the mess, but either way they're messy

Comment

Leave the shell on, it's good for their teeth. They are just messy, no way around that...that's why over filtering and lots of W/C is really important. They crap really big too!

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2
                    "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by LooksLater View Post
                      Leave the shell on, it's good for their teeth. They are just messy, no way around that...that's why over filtering and lots of W/C is really important. They crap really big too!

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2
                      HAHAHAH YEA!!!!!!!!! i thought it was uneaten shrimp LOL

Comment

Originally posted by cu0ngsayz View Post
                        HAHAHAH YEA!!!!!!!!! i thought it was uneaten shrimp LOL
                        Probably some of both! I try to pooper-scoop it out when I see it, I don't know if other fahaka owners do or not, I figure it can't hurt water quality...!?

But substrate will actually help, in a couple ways- it will give another place for good bacteria to colonize...and with substrate, the puffer will be less stressed.

And PS- he's cute!!!

Comment

You need some sand in there son.... My pea puffers poops are massive I don't know how such small fish can poop so big.
                          Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Yea I have 2 bags of sand in the garage. Will probably add it later when I do a wc

Comment

Your puffer isn't going to like that lol
                              Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

The puffer will thank me later lol

Comment

Working...
                                X