New to the puffer world!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the puffer world!!!

i was wondering what does everyone keep ask hard scape with the fahaka puffers. i was thinking PFS, rocks, and maybe some plants(not sure of what plant) any better ideas to make it look as natural as possible. thanks

I don't think it varies as much in comparison to the MBU, I kept mine with a full hardscape and don't think it mattered much to the puffer.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Like with most any fish, it's more pleasing to the eye rather than what's beneficial to the fish.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

yea. it is just to the human eye as long as the water param is right i dont think the fish cares lol i just need some ideas to make it pleasing to the human eyes

Comment

I try to keep the scape kinda minimal to give the puffer room to move around without too much interruption. The scape in my fahaka tank is minimal there for it lacks in the "awesome" department, but gives him room to turn around and chase other fish easier. Just make sure to over filter the crap out of the tank or do frequent water changes, messy eaters!
          20g mixed reef

Comment

+1
            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
            Desiderius Erasmus
            GHAC President

Comment

I don't think puffers care unless they are a species that dig into the substrate to hide. Other than that they only care about food.
              Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

We keep ours with PFS, some hardscape of Malaysian wood and rock, and some well placed plants (Crypts, mosses, hornwort, and anubias) and it generally is well behaved. Be aware that whatever plant you currently like/appreciate will be on its list of chew toys.
                In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                Desiderius Erasmus
                GHAC President

Comment

Originally posted by sunkenmetal View Post
                  I don't think puffers care unless they are a species that dig into the substrate to hide. Other than that they only care about food.
                  And depending on the size of your fahaka it may or may not bury itself in sand. When mine was small it used to bury itself, now that its bigger, it just has a spot where it lays.
                  20g mixed reef

Comment

I think water quality and food are the most important thing with puffers
                    Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by sunkenmetal View Post
                      I think water quality and food are the most important thing with puffers
                      +1
                      20g mixed reef

Comment

On my 75 I have a 2217 with a Powerhead and sponge filter attachment. I do wc every week alon with my tropheus tank. So would the 2217 be enough Or I should add another filter? Since I have a 2228 laying around anyways.

Comment

more filtration the better
                          Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

I would add more, just my opinion. Also depends on how much you feed it too, weekly wc is a good idea. I try to do weekly, but ends up being more like a week and a half...
                            20g mixed reef

Comment

Add another 2217
                              Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X