No announcement yet.

A guide to enders/guppies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a picture of my adult Class N top bar snake chested Endlers that I bought from a member here on the box.

150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
    125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
    115G Tanganyikan

Comment

Cool fish. As to your question about culling out fry. I don't cull angel fish by color but more on shape. If it has bad deformity it has to go. I feed them to the bigger fish. I'm sure you can see shape by now and as the colors come in just take out any thing thats not right.
      you have a nice pure strain...
      Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Snake chest! Cool! Do you have documentation on them?

Comment

Documentation as like on dogs you have the akc papers? bloodline?
          75g Tank,
          2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
          2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
          10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
          10g Tank
          Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Usually its just a known collection point and possibly the original collector and year. It helps in establishing their geographic regions and population growth/decline in susequent returns. Most livebearer fanatics maintain meticulous records concerning their lineages, especially with a few very big and emberrasing errors in years past. Look into the San Marcos Gambusia for an example. With a vast majority of Central American livebearers/Goodeids critically endangered or completely exctinct in the wild it is very important to keep clear records for the possibility of eventually reintroducing the species back into the wild. I assume Endler's are kept by many of the same breeders and the habit transferred onto them as a result.
            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
            Desiderius Erasmus
            GHAC President

Comment

oh ok, thank you.
              75g Tank,
              2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
              2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
              10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
              10g Tank
              Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Documentation is all of that. The where, when, and what it looks like. Also as the grade or class of fish. A N class is all pure strain with documentation. A P class can appear to be pure but origine cannot be varified. A K class is all mixed.
                So R yes like an AKC. Dog. You can look up that blood line.
                Check out Sorry can't make a link. ( The Endler shop ) it was close to the top of a google look.

Comment

Working...
                X