Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cancer Patient Needs Aquarium (Spring/The Woodlands)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clyde View Post
    What is the status of the tank? Can you post a picture?
    Hi!!

Right now I have been given:

The 55 gal tank and stand
    Canister filter and heater
    two air pumps
    one airstone and check valves
    a little bit of food that should last a while I think.

Fish wise:

4 BEAUTIFUL Angels
    1 surprise gift of a Featherfin Catfish
    7 Sunburst Platies (a surprise present from my roommate when she wen to petco to get cat food for me) She said she couldn't pass them up, the were SOOOO pretty and on sale for $.99 lol

Decoration Wise:

50lb bag of silica sand. I wore myself out COMPLETELY rinsing that stuff out on the porch. HOLY COW, I had NO idea how taxing that would be for me!! I only rinsed out half the bag, and I have only put half of what I rinsed in the tank, I was just too tired!! I have to remove water to put anymore sand in!!
    1 tall plant
    1 goofy "toy" Greek Ruin bought by my roommate for "fun" she said. It was on sale for $1.99 at petco.

The plant, air stone and "Greek ruin" are not in yet. I am waiting until I have the energy to get the rest of the sand in. BUT then there is teh problem of, how in the heck to I reach all the way down to the bottom of the tank to get the plant in the sand!! lol

I was thinking about hot gluing my plants to some nice river stones and using them to anchor plants so I don't have to use a lot of sand in the bottom in order to bury the plant base. ALSO, weighting them instead of burring them would allow me to re-arrange everything easily.

Is hot glue safe to use in an aquarium??

I will post pics in just a bit! It's super bare though, the fish keep swimming like crazy or laying in the sand. They are not quite sure what to do with themselves! lol

We still need a few things a couple people have PM'd me, but I haven't gotten a response, so I thought I would post it here as well. :)

Still needed:

Chemicals
    Water testing supplies
    Python Hose
    Plants (plastic please)
    Large Piece of driftwood Lots of arches to swim through. :) (please)
    smooth river stones, tan colors, various sizes (Please)
    Lighting (even just to borrow, I am going to use my birthday money in august to get some of the LED lighting)

So I think that is about it. :) I will post a pic in just a little bit. :)

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE HERE, whether you have donated items, time, prayers or wishes. I don't have words eloquent enough to tell you how much I appreciate everything you all are doing for me. You are all perfect strangers that have now become a big fish family to me! I am SO excited that everyone is local and I will have the opportunity to pay you all back in the form of a dinner one night after everything is all set up!! A "THANK YOU" Fish party at my house soon, so keep your calendars open!

Comment

Can everyone that has gifted me something (item or time) please text me with your Forum Name, Real Name and what you gifted? The drugs I am on make cognitive function extremely difficult and i have to remain VERY organized with new information or I will never be able to commit it to memory. If you all can text me, it will help me remember who is who in real life vs the forum. Even if you are offering to help with cleaning and what not, please shoot me a text and let me know that. :)

THANK YOU!!!

Kristin 832-353-0619
      xoxo

Here is my cell

Comment

I hav river rocks

Comment

Originally posted by Ballinxalex View Post
          I hav river rocks
          THAT is WONDERFUL!! When can we meet up?? :) I have church tomorrow from 11a to 2p but after that I am free!!'

Comment

I have a large fake plant if you want it

Comment

Originally posted by ometh View Post
              I have a large fake plant if you want it
              Yes please!! I will take any fake plants people have!

Comment

Does anyone have any Texas Holy Rock? I am about to have A LOT of FRY!! YAY! I need to give them somewhere to hide so they can stand a chance against the Angels. lol :)

Comment

I am glad everyone here came through. When i first saw the original ad on craigslist, I emailed her and suggested she post on here because i thought plenty of people would be willing to donate. If i could spare my 55 gallon tank, I would have donated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

If anyone is feeling left out? She still needs a light. Nothing big either just a simple light...
                    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

• i have a regular shop light that i can donate. is not the best light but is something.
                      175 tropheus Chaitika
                      125 tropheus Ujiji
                      90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

• I have an API Freshwater test kit and some extra vials that I will be getting to her one day this week.
                        !!!Live for today and not for tomorrow.!!!

Comment

• Anyone hear any news lately?

Comment

• I haven't heard a thing. All we can do is pray for the best.Your hearts are in the right places.
                            Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

• Hello you dear people. The fish tank is so wonderful. I on the other hand have been in major major pain. I have started working out in the water the past couple weeks and it has been HORRIBLY painful on my hip and pelvis. I have 3 large onion sized holes in my hip and a stress fracture in my pelvis from the cancer. So I have to be careful when I walk. Evidently, I have overdone the water walking!!

The tank DID come down with ick. and I lost a lot of fish. One of my favorites, my cat fish. :( I literally cried when I found him. My betta. Almost ALL the platties, ALL 10 rummy nose and all the endlers. (well, I think there are female and one male remain.) The shell dwellers and my beautiful angels are doing good. as well are two of the sunburst platties and 2 of the black and gold mollies. The endlers did manage to have a litter before they died. They are doing well, and if they can survive the angels, I might end up with a family!

I hope you all are well! I am still needing some things, HOLY ROCK and plants. I was thinking I might want/need to set up a 10 gallon Quarantine tank.

Also....what kind of money can you expect to make by selling fry? I thought if I could get another small 10 gallon and group all the different fry together. Just something to get them out of the way of the Angels. lol ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X