Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
    not in a tank with corners.
    yeah its was a 90g tank but they made a nice circular flow so the jellyfish wouldnt go to the edges.
    75g Tank,
    2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
    2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
    10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
    10g Tank
    Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Would i need a CUC?
      75g Tank,
      2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
      10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
      10g Tank
      Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Ya they help with cleaning up bad algae uneaten food and stuff

Comment

Ok. Good thing those are cheap and some what cool looking
          75g Tank,
          10g Tank
          Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Personal preference about cuc is snails, shrimps, and only a few hermits and if algae is bad a mithax crab. Fish I would do either a basslets, clowns, gobies, firefish, small angel (Atlantic pygmy being the smallest I know of) maybe a golden dwarf moray and thats a big maybe, chromis, dotty backs, Toby puffer, and a wrasse. This is just a selection I would choose from.

Comment

I like gobys yellow watch man are cool. Maybe a dragon goby a pair of clowns to keep yhe better half happy and something else with craps shrimp and snails tp clean
              75g Tank,
              10g Tank
              Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Just know such a small tank that 2 gobies will more then likely fight alot unless it's a proven pair.

Comment

No i just want 1 goby. I havent figure which one yet
                  75g Tank,
                  10g Tank
                  Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Get a hi fine goby with a red banded pistol shrimp. It's a nice combo and look great together.

Comment

Eels are predators, they will go after shrimp for sure, and usually even the smaller fish, not to mention that you need to make sure the top is tightly sealed, they will escape. I would definitely check out liveaquaria like previously stated for a decent guideline. They are often times wrong about tank sizes. Damsels get extremely aggressive so I would stay away from them on the smaller scale aquariums. I am new to HFB but not to saltwater, been doing salt over 12 years and I am in the process of setting up my 260g SPS dominated tank and clownfish breeding system, so I am more than happy to help with any questions

Comment

But not every eel and damsels are the same. It's like saying all the children of the world are dangerous criminals growing up. Golden dwarfs are the least aggressive of the fish eaters due to their small size they can't take down most fish except for small gobies and ect. Same with the damsels some are terrors some aren't. It's a 50/50 thing. Sorry if I'm coming off rude I'm just stating from what I've learned from experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Ostentum View Post
                          Eels are predators, they will go after shrimp for sure, and usually even the smaller fish, not to mention that you need to make sure the top is tightly sealed, they will escape. I would definitely check out liveaquaria like previously stated for a decent guideline. They are often times wrong about tank sizes. Damsels get extremely aggressive so I would stay away from them on the smaller scale aquariums. I am new to HFB but not to saltwater, been doing salt over 12 years and I am in the process of setting up my 260g SPS dominated tank and clownfish breeding system, so I am more than happy to help with any questions
                          Thank you, salt is extremly new to me and i really want to it right. And i do agreecwith ometh on the stereotype of fish but until you try it out you wont really know it.

I would like an eel but they nned a bigger tank, so next time maybe.
                          75g Tank,
                          10g Tank
                          Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Does live sand substituts live rock?
                            75g Tank,
                            10g Tank
                            Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

I've kept a golden dwarf in a 30 without problems. They only get to about 10" and 30" tanks may be pushing it.

Comment

Originally posted by ometh View Post
                                But not every eel and damsels are the same. It's like saying all the children of the world are dangerous criminals growing up. Golden dwarfs are the least aggressive of the fish eaters due to their small size they can't take down most fish except for small gobies and ect. Same with the damsels some are terrors some aren't. It's a 50/50 thing. Sorry if I'm coming off rude I'm just stating from what I've learned from experience.
                                Your right in some respects. Yes golden dwarfs are the least aggressive, but if you put bottom dwelling fish and shrimp that are small enough and come into his realm, there is a very good chance they will get eaten, also if you have a notoriously territorial fish, yes if they are left alone and the fish respect its space you will have no issues. Its kinda like the achilles tang that I had. A notoriously territorial fish that I had no issues with for over 2 yrs, until I put a purple tang into the tank. They behaved great until the purple got near the Achilles side of the tank and then it was gang warfare and all kinds of knife fights going on. My point is that you have to know the nature of the fish and anything else you put in the tank. If you choose your fish properly then there are hardly any issues, and its probably the number one downfall of people new to salt. I learned my lesson about fish compatibility the hard way about 12 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X