To Start a Salt tank....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R_sustaita View Post
    thanks yes city pets is close to me. and my bro works near by. i can make him get the water.
    I said pet city. It's a pet/fish store off 45 near 1960. Your location says spring so that's why I said pet city.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

This was the one I was going to buy but ended up buying RO/DI water from down the street.

RODI systems for Reefkeepers since 1982. Shop 17+ water systems offering the worlds #1 rated filmtec membranes, coconut-shell carbon filters and premium always fresh resintech di resin.

Comment

If you are wanting to drink the water from your RO/DI unit, put a splitter in the line that goes from the RO unit to the DI. Use water from the RO unit to drink and use water from the DI for the fish. I would not suggest drinking DI water as it will remove minerals from your body. I have mine split where the water from the RO unit fills my 5 gallon jugs for the water cooler and the water from the DI fills my 30 gallon container that I use to mix saltwater in.

Comment

That theory is one half one and one half the other. I have researched whether its detrimental or not to drink DI water and I find about a 50/50 response to it. Similar to the theory on whether you need F in your water for healthy teeth. I have been drinking DI water since I got my system set-up a couple years ago and have not seen any ill effects. My theory is that assuming that you eat proper nutrition you should be getting all the required minerals through your diet and not needed through water. Now I also dont drink only water or only out of the system either though.
          Resident fish bum
          330G FOWLR
          34G Reef
          330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
          28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
          Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

F-flouride
            Resident fish bum
            330G FOWLR
            34G Reef
            Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Originally posted by Darbex View Post
              That theory is one half one and one half the other. I have researched whether its detrimental or not to drink DI water and I find about a 50/50 response to it. Similar to the theory on whether you need F in your water for healthy teeth. I have been drinking DI water since I got my system set-up a couple years ago and have not seen any ill effects. My theory is that assuming that you eat proper nutrition you should be getting all the required minerals through your diet and not needed through water. Now I also dont drink only water or only out of the system either though.
              bingo, as long as you are getting minerals and vitamins from other sources like supplements and your diet no need for it in the water. Fluoride is only good for your teeth when used Topically in incredibly minute doses. NEVER Systemically. It calcifies your pineal gland among other terrible long term effects on your brain.

Comment

Originally posted by rage View Post
                It looks good but you may want to reconsider paying for the storage tank or not.
                It's good that it stores a few gallons of drinking water and makes it available to you instantly but it also accumulates undesired stuffs and impossible to clean.

I had a storage tank and chucked it after I found sediment and algae growth in my stored drinking water.
                i tho that container was the waste water. i want to used the waste water to water plants or wash my car.
                75g Tank,
                2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
                2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
                10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
                10g Tank
                Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
                  I said pet city. It's a pet/fish store off 45 near 1960. Your location says spring so that's why I said pet city.

i always confuse those 2 stores.

and yes they are pretty close to me.
                  75g Tank,
                  2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
                  10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
                  10g Tank
                  Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
                    This was the one I was going to buy but ended up buying RO/DI water from down the street.

RODI systems for Reefkeepers since 1982. Shop 17+ water systems offering the worlds #1 rated filmtec membranes, coconut-shell carbon filters and premium always fresh resintech di resin.

not bad of a price.
                    75g Tank,
                    10g Tank
                    Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

• Originally posted by R_sustaita View Post
                      not bad of a price.
                      Yeah. Very affordable and it's portable. It's smaller and only 50gpd, but it would be plenty enough for me and my tiny 5g. I'm not sure about you.

Comment

• well the salt would be a 29g so its good, once i go back to fancy shripms i plan on doig a 10 or 20l tank so still is a good size.
                        75g Tank,
                        10g Tank
                        Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

• Originally posted by Darbex View Post
                          That is correct, when coupled with a normal diet, the DI water should not harm you at all.. There are however everyday scenarios where DI water is not good for you. I used to always fill a small gallon water cooler to bring with me when I go play tennis or other activites. When you are active and perspire, you lose alot of minerals through sweat. This is a scenario where if I had filled my small cooler with DI water, it would not be good for me. But like you said, its a very small case where someone could get affected and in this case it was very specific as well..

Comment

• True when you are excerting yourself like that then its not good because its only hydrating you. But I wouldnt recommend water alone in that circumstance either because what you really need are electrolytes and tap/bottle water are lacking anyways.
                            Resident fish bum
                            330G FOWLR
                            34G Reef
                            Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Working...
                            X