Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my first saltwater build (new photos 8/8/12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think you should make a bigger sump... more room more water... more space to put equipt into...
    20L nano saltwater tank- (In Progress)

55G tropheus tank- 22 T. ikola,23 T. red chimba, 4 brevis, 3 b.pleco, 1 dwarf giraffe cat
    NO SUCH THING AS OVER FILTRATION... =DD

Comment

i'm so jelly of the tank.

Comment

Thanks... Hope it turns out nice. Tomorrow I'm gonna fill it the rest of the way up, and the salt. Start the filtration and add the lights. I will post more pics when I'm done

Comment

Pictures?
          Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Yeah I told him the light is fine for now but if/when he wants to move up in the corals he is going to need another light. Its a pretty clean tank, just would be better with a larger sump like kiko said.
            Resident fish bum
            330G FOWLR
            34G Reef
            330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
            28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
            Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Man I thought two hours was going to be enough time to set it up but that turned into 3+ and a call from the wife "You need to be home at 5:30. Ok I will be there" I didnt leave till 5:20 but I got home at 5:38. She was still pissed. Woman!!!
              Resident fish bum
              330G FOWLR
              34G Reef
              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Oh and this is the ATO you need. The best one IMO.

The Parrot ATO system Intelligent, observant, long lived, colorful and always repetitive, the Parrot will be the companion you won't know how you lived without. Along with the fun new name comes the pedigree of a proven winner. How do you make improvements to the ATO with an unrivaled reputation for reliability? MORE sensors! Our new Parrot ATO now comes with two pressure sensors plus a backup float standard! Simple to set up and maintenance free, we think you will find the reason so many reefers rely on our systems. How it works Two ultra sensitive pressure sensors connect to tubing that sits in our magnetic bracket and is placed in your sump. As the water level falls from evaporation, this pressure change is registered by a teflon diaphragm that actuates a switch. The switch CLOSES and turns your ato pump on. As the water fills the sump from your top off reservoir, the pressure rises and the sensor OPENS the switch to turn off the pump. 3 Layers of Safety The main operating sensor sits at the lowest level in the magnetic holder. This controls the operation of the pump and is the heart of the system. The secondary sensor on the V2 sits an inch above the main sensor and acts as a redundant main sensor, if for any reason the main sensor fails to operate correctly this secondary backup performs the operating duties. Finally, a mechanical float valve is installed on the water pump return line which prevents water from overflowing in case of catastrophic failure or due to pump siphoning. Analog Advantage This is an analog system that is not reliant on printed circuit boards, complex and confusing logic control, unreliable optical sensors or finicky float switches. Our system has an amazing reputation for reliability and is hand soldered and tested right here in our Virginia facility to ensure the most stringent quality control. We also have Reef Controller specific switches that instead of turning a pump on, simply relay a signal state to your controller where you can assign commands based on this information. This hybrid digital/analog system offers some unique programming options for the advanced aquarist! Pump Choices offer unparalleled flexibility We know that not everyone has the same needs from an auto top off pump and we would never force you to buy something proprietary that doesn't meet your requirements. Many will find that a small Sicce pump connected to the system is all that is needed to reliably top off the tank, while others may require more robust peristaltic pump systems with remote water reservoirs. There is no pump included with our top off system so this allows you to make the right choice for your aquarium. Maybe you are looking to replace an unreliable top off system but you already have the pump you would like to use, if you can plug it into a 110v outlet, it can be controlled with our system! GHL Systems Have a Profilux and a GHL doser? Our system installs simply by connecting the 6 pin cable to the level 1/2 port and then you can assign any control circuit you wish to the ATO function. This can be a spare doser or an outlet on your powerbar. There is no need for splitter cables or more complex high/low programming functions, both of our sensors are connected in series so following the 1 sensor ATO setup from GHL gets you connected quickly and pain free. Neptune Systems Our Neptune specific ATO system connects directly to the I/O port of your Apex controller via 8 pin DIN cable. Once connected the system will automatically register the signal on SW1 input. You can then simply assign the top off function to any pump connected to your Apex. If you are already using a breakout box on this connection, a simple Y splitter can be used so you still have access to inputs 2-6. Customize the look Since our sensors use standard 1/4" RODI style poly tubing, you can easily swap out the tubing with any color you want to match your aesthetic. Additionally, standard RODI 1/4" fittings can be used to create truly custom installations for the discerning aquarist. Technical Data:Water level sensitivity: 1/2" Magnet strength: up to 1/2" glassMagnet bracket dimensions: Switch box dimensions: 4" x 2.25" Relay box capacity: 3 ampsSwitch rating: 10+ million cyclesWarranty: 1 year
                Resident fish bum
                330G FOWLR
                34G Reef
                Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Thanks... I will look into it

Comment

Originally posted by Darbex View Post
                    Man I thought two hours was going to be enough time to set it up but that turned into 3+ and a call from the wife "You need to be home at 5:30. Ok I will be there" I didnt leave till 5:20 but I got home at 5:38. She was still pissed. Woman!!!
                    No matter what you are always wrong
                    Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

That's a woman for you...

Comment

Originally posted by Darbex View Post
                        Oh and this is the ATO you need. The best one IMO.

http://www.avastmarine.com/ssc/do/pr...ng/Top-off-Kit
                        Nope. I think both the Elos and the tunze are better. Stop playing.
                        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Thats ridiculous. Avast is more than half the cost and functions perfectly to me.
                          Resident fish bum
                          330G FOWLR
                          34G Reef
                          Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

From using the avast, I think it can be a bit off and replies on another pump.

Elos is silent and has a automatic cut off. Most importantly to me, the Elos controller is cleaner than the avast...but maybe that's just me.

Lol, and when did money become an issue for you?
                            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Gravity fed! >

Comment

I'd rather use that extra bill on corals.
                                Resident fish bum
                                330G FOWLR
                                34G Reef
                                Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Working...
                                X