Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my first saltwater build (new photos 8/8/12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first saltwater build (new photos 8/8/12)

i am dipping my foot into my first saltwater build and figured i would show the build and get some advise and imput as i go. here is my tank and all the equipment and rock that is going into it.

Last edited by jeb102385; 08-08-2012, 09:46 PM.

I see
    Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

That tank is bad arse what light are you using

Comment

did it come with that skimmer?
        Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

i have a 24" t5 ho with individual reflectors and no it didnt come with the skimmer. it came with tank stand light and refugium. i didnt like the light so i sold it and bought a new one.

Comment

im filling it with RO water and its tanking forever. 60 gallon tank 75 gallon per day RO unit equals a hell of a long time

Comment

Originally posted by jeb102385 View Post
              im filling it with RO water and its tanking forever. 60 gallon tank 75 gallon per day RO unit equals a hell of a long time
              lol gonna be a while
              Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Does the skimmer fit in your sump?

Good start. :)

Brian had the same tank so im sure he will comment with tips.

What type of corals do you plan to keep?
                I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I am going to modify the sump to fit the skimmer. Brians was a 30 gallon, this is the 50 gallon version

Comment

Yeah. That chamber in the sump looks kind of small for that skimmer. But the skimmer is awesome so modding the sump to use it is a great idea.

Is that a picture of the light you sold or the one you are going to run on the tank?

How's the coverage over the tank with that fixture?
                    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

That's the light for the tank. Haven't set it up yet but its alot better than the 2 bulb the tank came with

Comment

That light should work just fine. Might be a bit dark towards the front or back depending on how you hang the light.

I would just leave the front clean with an open sand bed and no corals. I always thought it looks cleaner that way.

I got some MB7 to help cycle the tank. You can have it if you want. I can bring it to the meeting.
                        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Nice shallow tank! Be sure of use RO/DI water and upgrade your carbon filter to chloramine remover cartridge.

Comment

i have been using ro di but i need to look into that cartridge

Comment

start collecting water everyday.. go buy a storage tank. that will make your life alot easier

Comment

Working...
                              X