my 40g breeder saltwater build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cu0ngsayz View Post
    3 gallon fresh water that havent been set up?!?!?! what are you doing?!?! better have more than 10 shrimp in there.. lol
    i have a 3.5 half moon shrimp tank but i dont like it. and i got a mr aqua 3 bowfront. i am building it a wood canomy to hide the lights and filter and match my desk and well look pimp. i do have more than 10 shrimps there. i may set my extra 29 sw for sure will be fowlr
    75g Tank,
    2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
    2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
    10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
    10g Tank
    Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

• Get a hang on back refugium $60 on eBay last I saw comes with light and pump and it can be a reef for your 29 then quick and easy I believe made by finnix

Comment

• you mean this one? http://www.amazon.com/HB-210-Finnex-.../dp/B005VFLAG2
        75g Tank,
        2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
        10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
        10g Tank
        Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

• oh here is the one with the light. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Finnex-Exter...ht_7194wt_1398

so explain how can i make this a reef for the 29?
          75g Tank,
          10g Tank
          Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

• aquariums are a lesson in patience, if you dont have it then you need to get some or it will be jacked up lol. there are few shortcuts worth doing other than seeding established biomedia.

johnny, you may have to open another build thread and detail everything start to finish from day one like nick did on his rivertank lol. 24 pages of babble so far
            75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
            28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
            12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
            29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
            45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
            33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

• It's 24 pages of babble cause he took forever to get this tank up. Haha he knows I like to give him a hard time. Lol

Comment

• I've got my 75 reef from start so far on a thread
                And the hang on back fuge is just another way to put a fuge on with out one under the tank tank the one I saw had an led light that went across it but basically what you found cpr makes a real good one but its mo expensive

Comment

• see thats why i dont want to ge into salt. i jsut got lost on what you said.
                  75g Tank,
                  10g Tank
                  Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

• a refugium is a way to add more volume to the tank. more volume can mean more stable water parameters. you can also use it to house more biological filtration along with SW seaweed and clean up critters that might get eaten by the fish in the main tank. equipment like heaters can be placed in these so that they arent in your main tank.
                    75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
                    28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
                    12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
                    29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
                    45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
                    33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

• Haha I'll make a new thread when I add some live stock in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Totenkampf View Post
                        a refugium is a way to add more volume to the tank. more volume can mean more stable water parameters. you can also use it to house more biological filtration along with SW seaweed and clean up critters that might get eaten by the fish in the main tank. equipment like heaters can be placed in these so that they arent in your main tank.
                        ok i was planning on adding a 10g tank for a sump later on. i want to start with fowlr to start off and maybe in 3-6 months go add some corals. as i dont have $$$ to buy a skimmer and what not.
                        75g Tank,
                        10g Tank
                        Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

• Originally posted by R_sustaita View Post
                          ok i was planning on adding a 10g tank for a sump later on. i want to start with fowlr to start off and maybe in 3-6 months go add some corals. as i dont have $$$ to buy a skimmer and what not.
                          You don't need a refugium or skimmer to have a successful reef

Drop by sometime.

Ill go over my setups

You are fairly close to me .

Im on spring cypress and 249

Comment

• alright man, i appreciate it.
                            75g Tank,
                            10g Tank
                            Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Working...
                            X