No announcement yet.

Help!!! Corydoras Breeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes they are small, but as Troy brought up, generally they are really unable to swim due to the egg sac they are using for food. The one fry I saw was swimming freely and with no egg sac. It was also larger than I generally see egg fry. So now I don't know what to think. I will just have to see if it survives not being eaten by parants.
    Professional algae grower

Comment

From what I have been reading. the fry should eat mico. org. out of the sand. for about a week. couldn't find to much info on them. but the best info I found was on planet catfish...
      Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Just on update on my albino corys. Spawn about every 5 days now with around 75 to 100 eggs per spawn. Generally the eggs are gone by the next morning, but I have seen my albino pleco's snacking on them. I have now 3 kittens (all from different spawnings). They hatch in only 3 days. What is surprising is that they don't really have an egg sac and begin to immediately feed from the bottom. I have a planted tank with a lot of well developed moss, algae and hiding places where they can bottom feed. They are tiny and difficult to find, but I have been keeping track and if left on their own, only 1 may survive per spawn if left on their own. The first kitten is already 1/4 the size of an adult, so they grow fast.
        Professional algae grower

Comment

Cool! I've raised cory's before. You can remove the eggs from the glass just after they hatch - they are sticky still and you kind of lightly rub them off and rub them onto either the glass in the new aquarium or a piece of slate.
          Guppies:
          Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
          Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
          HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

That's awesome, congrats!
            All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Any pics of the babies and of your setup?
              All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Originally posted by aquabee View Post
                Any pics of the babies and of your setup?
                yeah, pics would be nice.

corys are so cute

Comment

Working...
                X