No announcement yet.

New second koi pond build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pay attention boys and girls, this is called Doing It Right!

Isnt gunnite what they use for below ground pools? everyone around here is a buncha above grounders so they wont know this
    75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
    28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
    12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
    29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
    45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
    33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
      Very nice. What are you using to seal your window in place?

Could this be done using an above-ground concrete wall and pond liner??

Wait and see boys and girls since this will be a first for me. I'm still researching the details.

Comment

Originally posted by Totenkampf View Post
        pay attention boys and girls, this is called Doing It Right!

Isnt gunnite what they use for below ground pools? everyone around here is a buncha above grounders so they wont know this
        Thanks, do it once and do it right do you don't have to mess with it again.

Yes, gunite is used for in ground pools. It is basically a concrete mix that is pumped dry and sprayed to form the pool structure. Water is mixed with the concrete at the nozzle, see pics.

Comment

I know this thread is kind of old but is there any update pictures of the pond... I wish I had a backyard to make one like that...

Comment

The thread is not even as old as some of my socks mermaid, lmao, i love to rehash old posts if they were good and this one was or is now :) thanks for bringing my attention to it.

Comment

Yea I missed those thread too, what is the end result of this build
              175 tropheus Chaitika
              125 tropheus Ujiji
              90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

Dude, are u a Construction manager man? dannnn, very cool pond or pool lolz

Comment

I can't believe the last time I posted on this thread was June 2012!

This pond was left exactly as you see it in the last pic and I have been raising high quality Houston mosquitoes, I kid well maybe. The koi itch left me the last 6 years since I've become an avid angler. But now I'M BACK.

New koi will soon arrive from Japan in about 6 weeks and I'm returning to koi keeping. Stainless steel Bakki shower, RDF, & Bacteria house media are ready to be set up.

I'll post pics this weekend if I get anything done.

Comment

Working...
                  X