Surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprise

Last nite. Befor feeding time. I seen my blue Rams spawning. I don't think they will hatch. My water is to hard. I know they like softer water. about 6.0 to 6.8... My water is right at 7.0 but stranger thing have happend...photo (87).jpg
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Wow Troy!! That is frikkin awesome! You gonna leave the eggs in there with the parents?

They may in fact hatch if your rams are tank bred. If all they know is a high pH, you may be in luck! :) Updates please! Oh and watch out for those egg-suckin synos!
    All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Bee they are in my 150g But I see why you thought about the syno's. I need to change that tag line list of my tanks. Its changed again...

Comment

cool Troy! I lost my last two GBR this weekend so I will be looking for spawn lol. Thats the last time I buy from that particular store, eight dead in 6 weeks for no apparent reason. water is great and the only other thing it could be would be the bolivians jumping them at night but i never saw that. so, raise em up good!
        75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
        28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
        12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
        29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
        45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
        33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

They never hatched out. My water is to hard. But I know they are wild. They would take on any fish in the tank for those eggs. Tank hatched they say wont. I may try to drop the PH some to get them to hatch.

My balivian rams killed my first blue... they picked at him all the time and you could see it. that was a time when I was tank por and had no place to put them....

Comment

Try some peat granules in your canister. That works really well for my tank. I wanted the pH about 7.2 and that's where it holds steady. If you don't like the brown water, you can add in some Purigen to the canister as well and still have the water softening effect of the peat.

Comment

I need to ask my Wife. If I can pull out one of the 30g tanks I have in storage and give breeding Rams a real try.

#1 rule. happy wife happy life.

Bee I have ehiem peat fluval peat and even some peat cups. But I really don't want to turn my big tank in to a dark water tank. Our water here is about 8.4 out of the tap. Just aging brings it down some. the drift wood and few plants bring it to about 7.2 with it changing a few point ever water change. It would be so much easier to keep up with on a smaller scale.

Comment

Originally posted by troy tucker View Post
                Bee I have ehiem peat fluval peat and even some peat cups. But I really don't want to turn my big tank in to a dark water tank. Our water here is about 8.4 out of the tap. Just aging brings it down some. the drift wood and few plants bring it to about 7.2 with it changing a few point ever water change. It would be so much easier to keep up with on a smaller scale.
                Nice. My tank has peat but the Purigen pulls out all the color, so you wouldn't even be able to tell that there's peat in the canister. And the pH holds at 7.2 as well. But if you can get away with a lower pH and not do peat, that works too! :) Keeps it simple.

Comment

Troy you can also try Indian Almond Leaf, you can place it on your filter/canister or just drop it as part of the decoration. it is said 1 leaf per 10 gallons.
                  75g Tank,
                  2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
                  2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
                  10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
                  10g Tank
                  Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Bee, Your Tank is beautiful. I would have never known you use peat.
                    I'm not worried about the dark water. but I need to get down to the low 6.s for the rams to breed well and eggs hatch out. and going that low is hard to keep up with. worried about killing what I have.

Comment

Working...
                    X