Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best way to fix our driveway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since you said it was near the corner of your garage house you might have who ever checking it check you foundation. just to make sure there are no unexpected problems. Better safe than sorry. just my 2cents worth

Comment

Originally posted by R_sustaita View Post
      ofcorse not. you have to pound the existing concrete to make it rougth so the new concrete can stick to the old.
      R_JackOfAllTrades
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by MURRAY View Post
        Since you said it was near the corner of your garage house you might have who ever checking it check you foundation. just to make sure there are no unexpected problems. Better safe than sorry. just my 2cents worth
        I can have them do that, but I think we're okay. We only have small cracks in the garage foundation, and the parameter is overly reinforced because of a screw up on the builder's part.

We had contracted to have the garage fully bricked, but when they poured the foundation, they forgot to add a brick ledge. So they had to dig all the way around, drill through the foundation, add a ton of rebar, and then pour the concrete for the brick ledge. Made the builder mad as hell, but at least they honored their contract and did the work.
        Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
        • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
        • 29g Planted - Journal
        • 29g Planted
        • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

It is recommended that you have everything replaced. Concrete can be difficult to maintain or restore. And if you are able to patch the hole with new concrete, it would not look the same. It is for this reason that a lot of homeowners are opting to have their driveways paved with asphalt as it is easier to maintain and restore with sealants.
          Estates Paving
          6116 Skyline Drive #112
          Houston, TX 77057, United States

Comment

Check out Leveled Concrete. They can raise your driveway for a fraction of the cost of replacing it. One day job.
            Free quote. 832.655.6901

Comment

I would hope by now he's gotten it taken care of.
              210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
              125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

Working...
              X