No announcement yet.

Fahaka with Trophs/Petros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only time will tell. For your sake I hope we dont get to say I told you so...
    20g mixed reef

Comment

In the vid you notice the petros taking notice of the puffer... one of the ikolas snipped Turtles fin and he dove into the sand and the dogpile started, guess they thought there was food in there so they shredded Turtle up a bit.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Oh, noes!! I didn't think you were actually going to DO it! :(
        "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

With all the replies here I figured I should be more worried about my trophs/petros. Seeing as though there are a bunch of them in the tank I was willing to sacrifice one or two to find out if Turtle would behave in the tank.

I would like to thank those that lead me to believe otherwise with their extreme post
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Let turtle get comfortable...
            20g mixed reef

Comment

He's half dead.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

~80 fish went at him like a hotdog in an eating contest
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Yeah, honestly I think it's a double-edged sword...if they don't tear him apart right off the bat, he will get comfortable and start picking them off. I see a battle royale either way. I so thought you were kidding!
                  "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Poor Turtle. Well, now you know.

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                      With all the replies here I figured I should be more worried about my trophs/petros. Seeing as though there are a bunch of them in the tank I was willing to sacrifice one or two to find out if Turtle would behave in the tank.

I would like to thank those that lead me to believe otherwise with their extreme post
                      Look at a few things. Hes smaller than them (right now), hes out numbered, and hes in an unknown enviroment. Im willing to bet in a month or two youll be pulling turtle out... if not, ill admit im wrong. I have read about many accounts of fahakas behaving with tankmates, for a month, 2 months, even years, then something will snap and it will decimate everything in the tank. Just the other day i was reading about some research team housing 3 fahakas in a 2000 gallon aquarium trying to conduct research on mating and reproduction. It stated that they were introduced as babies and lived together for 3 years, all 3 reaching adult size. Then one moring they only had 1. No previous signs of aggresion were shown and they had no idea why it happened. While im not trying to talk you out of it, do what you want, im just simply saying watch out and good luck. Ill step off my soap box now...
                      20g mixed reef

Comment

If he lasts a month or 2... lol
                        20g mixed reef

Comment

No it's cool I understand completely that temperament depends on the individual fish which is why I went ahead and threw him into the tank. I could have sworn I stated it was only about 2" and well I post whore the crap about my Trophs.

I doubt this guy will last another feeding more less a month or two. Turtle chills and hovers above the sand like a stalker and when the feeder hits the trophs/petro go at the water surface like mad and then back down to the substrate for the leftovers. ANY sudden movement in the water or substrate and these boys are on it like white on rice! I think even if Turtle got a hold of one of the fish and trashed a little, the trophs would have bumrushed him the same.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

How turtle doin? Still alive lol?
                            20g mixed reef

Comment

He's been a goner
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Oh, that sucks.
                                20g mixed reef

Comment

Working...