• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fahaka

whats the best diet to feed
    dont bro me if you dont know me!!!!!

Mixed:

Crawfish, clams, blood worms, silversides, snails, ghost shirmp. Some have even gotten them to eat hard pellets.

They can be picky though. Mine will only eat crawfish and clams now. wont touch silversides anymore.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

I use to feed mine clams/silversides/mysis/whatever seafood I was eating for dinner.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

is market shrimp good thats all i got it to eat so far

Comment

it wont hurt it, but it will eventually need some type of variation.
          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

How big is it?
            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by barrettsline View Post
              Mixed:

Crawfish, clams, blood worms, silversides, snails, ghost shirmp. Some have even gotten them to eat hard pellets.

They can be picky though. Mine will only eat crawfish and clams now. wont touch silversides anymore.
              +1. You'll end up trying quite a few things until you figure out what your puffer likes and doesn't, mine refuses bloodworms and squid, loves shrimp, snails and crawfish, and does okay with crab chunks. The more variance you can get in their diet, the better.

Mine seems to like table shrimp more than anything, I get them fresh with shell on, freeze them, then defrost in a cup of tank water and a few drops of Vitachem. I also put a bit of garlic in it, it's good for their immune system and appetite. It's a good idea to freeze any food bought fresh to kill bacteria- mussels, clams, squid, etc. and defrost this way. Starting a breeder tank for live foods-snails and feeder fish- if you can is best, avoids the possibility of re-introducing intestinal parasites after you've treated for them, and any other nasty stuff they can pick up from live foods.

I find that the asian market is a great place to find frozen seafood and get stocked up.
              "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

ya i plan on adding snails and stuff to its diet but its about 2 and a half in

Comment

and do yall get the clams still with shell

Comment

Originally posted by barberking12 View Post
                    ya i plan on adding snails and stuff to its diet but its about 2 and a half in

Aw. Post some pictures if you've got any. They are silly cute at that size!
                    "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by barberking12 View Post
                      and do yall get the clams still with shell
                      I do, and after they thaw out I pop it open about halfway, make her work to get in there. But mine's over 6''. At that size, I'd just give it on a half-shell.

Comment

i buy mine one the half shell. Add bigger snails now for ground maintance, and to have them start breeding.
                        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

i will have to take some pics when i get home but i will get some posted but it allready comes to the front of the tank and follows me

Comment

Working...
                          X