• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
    This is blasphemy!

All in a regular 30g?!?!?!
    Thanks, we try. :bigrazz:
    ...it's a 30g long!!
    "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Was it? It looked like a std 30g.

I stand corrected if it is, no wonder its working out so well.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Very cute fry. But that's the cutest baby front I've ever seen!! And I had 16 Moba juvies once upon a time, so that's sayin a lot!
        All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Originally posted by aquabee View Post
          Very cute fry. But that's the cutest baby front I've ever seen!! And I had 16 Moba juvies once upon a time, so that's sayin a lot!
          Aw, thanks B! I love watching him, he IS pretty darn cute. We call him Braveheart, because he likes to hide in the rocks and run away from everyone. I'm thinking that won't last long- we'll be re-homing him in a few months before he starts eating the cyps! But there's something about a skittish baby giant that melts my heart.
          "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Fronts take forever to grow, I think you have at least a year before you would have to worry
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Iv got a wild caught colony of multies if you want some more! And the apt bully gobbie iv got a male only if ur getting rid of her! I only keep tangs , and will soon have a breeding rack set up.
              5 gal baby hecqui grow out
              7 gal baby compressicps
              14 bio cube fry tank, multies-orange leleupi-telmatochromis
              4 tank rack- 30 cubes. Shellies, mulities-brevis-telmatochromis-caudopunctaus
              100 gal mixed community tank
              125 Tropheus black bembas

Tanngankia cichlids what else

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                Fronts take forever to grow, I think you have at least a year before you would have to worry

I've heard it both ways... *shrug*
                I hope you're right, it would be nice to keep him a bit longer. And as soon as we find a 120-180g for Suki, we'll move the Tangs to the 45, that may stretch it out a little, also...maybe. If he develops a taste for fry, he'll go sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy42bmx View Post
                  Iv got a wild caught colony of multies if you want some more! And the apt bully gobbie iv got a male only if ur getting rid of her! I only keep tangs , and will soon have a breeding rack set up.
                  Awesome, post some pics when you get your breeding set-up going! We've got what we think is a pair of Gobys, I just couldn't get a pic of the other one...we're hoping they'll get together and give us some more eventually. Our multi's are from Dave in San Antonio.

Comment

I just bought 4 Neolamprologus Walteri from daves daves like two weeks ago.
                    5 gal baby hecqui grow out
                    7 gal baby compressicps
                    14 bio cube fry tank, multies-orange leleupi-telmatochromis
                    4 tank rack- 30 cubes. Shellies, mulities-brevis-telmatochromis-caudopunctaus
                    100 gal mixed community tank
                    125 Tropheus black bembas

Tanngankia cichlids what else

Comment

Turns out Female1 turned into even more of a shell-jumper than she was BEFORE fry...she was moving them every day or two, and spending a lot of her time digging and shell-shopping on the other side of the sand bed- leaving them undefended, except for her mate and Female2, who doesn't like to leave her shell though she has no fry yet. I got worried about the fry, and the male working so hard to chase everyone off, so I bought a breeder net and played tank dingo...I stole those babehs!

With her moving them around like a crazy lady, I went ahead and gently dumped every shell in the tank. They are now all nice and safe in their little net condo. After everybody settled in, I got a good head count of....nine. Then I noticed a very wiggly piece of sand. Then two! 24 hrs later we've got another two about half emerged from the eggs, so that makes 11 if they make it. Eleven! Holy $#!%. I thought we had 3 or 4.

I'm thrilled. We'll see how many I can raise up.

Comment

crazy42bmx, what other tangs are you keeping/breeding.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

So, update- so far no deaths in the breeder net, still 11 there. And now Female #2 has fry in her shell...and so does female #1, again. No more breeder net. I'm thinking they can handle it, they are out-breeding the damn guppies! Sweet.

:lupe: Now I'm spending Waaaay too much time watching this tank! I can't get enough of these silly multies and the tiny little babies popping up everywhere!

Comment

Haha! Cute!
                            All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

From my exp. They can manage and hold their own unless you have leleupis or the like in the tank. They are colonial fish so they take care of themselves.

Awesome that yours are breeding! Add more shells and watch them inhabit them all!
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thanks, ya'll!

Yeah, I agree...I only took the first batch because we had a tiny colony of 3 to start with, and female 1 was kind of a crackhead mom. We've got some petracolas I was worried about, with her leaving them undefended all the time, but I'm pretty sure they can take it from here. I see us needing a LOT more shells. It's blowing up in there!

Comment

Working...
                                X