Neolamprologus multifasciatus fry!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neolamprologus multifasciatus fry!!!

After debating for the last few weeks whether our multi's were...challenged... or possibly all females, we noticed a tiny surprise in one of the shells this morning- we finally have our multi fry!!

It's the female that has been the most active, she digs, digs,...and digs...and hoards shells, she seems to have 3 all together that are "hers" so we're watching them closely...there will be MOAR!

We have another female that is starting to act similarly, she has been spending some quality time with the same male in the only shell she's ever liked....soon there will be a sea of fry, we are crossing our fingers anyway. So excited, this is our first shellie breeding!! Breed, little ones, BREED!

Now on to Tim's Cyps...
    "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

That's awesome Sasha! Congrats. I've had multies before but no such luck as yours. Might have been the presence of some larger brevis. Post photos
    http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Thanks!! Roy and I are so excited. We were thinking about getting more, guess we don't need to now! I'll try to get some pics, but they are soooo super tiny. I'll get some of the momma if nothing else!
      "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Please hold on to my name....I am interested in some fry. I loved my multis and miss having them in my tanks.
        5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
        20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
        29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
        29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
        29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
        55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
        75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
        / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

congrats Sasha! i know the feeling now lol.
          75g Tank,
          2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
          2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
          10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
          10g Tank
          Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Allright, I got a few decent pics... Momma's on the left, pops is on the right.

And momma eyeballin' me-

and fry...look close!!

Comment

The second female, and her shell...she'll be next, I'm sure!

Comment

Got a couple of the cyps, next in line to breed we hope. The alpha male has colored up quite a bit, time to show off for the ladies...

Comment

So cute! Thanks
                  http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Our baby front, scared of the cyps most of the time...

Comment

I got a so-so pic of the goby, she's the brat.

Comment

Originally posted by dblondfemme View Post
                        Please hold on to my name....I am interested in some fry. I loved my multis and miss having them in my tanks.
                        We'll keep you in mind once we build up the colony, I have a feeling we'll get overrun sooner or later...!

Comment

nice pics.
                          75g Tank,
                          2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
                          2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
                          10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
                          10g Tank
                          Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Can't wait to see them really get going and I know the Cyps are right behind them.....
                            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                            Desiderius Erasmus
                            GHAC President

Comment

This is blasphemy!

All in a regular 30g?!?!?!
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X