Ecoxotic Panorama Pro vs. Current Truelumen Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecoxotic Panorama Pro vs. Current Truelumen Pro

I need to light a BioCube with a gutted hood. The only lights on there now are two Ecoxotic Actinic LED stunner strips. As the title states, I'm debating between the Ecoxotic Panorama Pro (12,000K White option) and the Current-USA Truelumen Pro LED strip (12,000K Diamond White option). I'd like to use as little as possible (don't want too many wires or heat). Although the TrueLumen strip is cheaper, I've also read it only penetrates about 12" of water while the BioCube's dimensions state the height of the tank is 14". I have links to both lights below and any input on which option to go with will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Vincent

I like the panorama pro since there sealed and better protected and you can get reflectors for them as well I'm not sure how good reflectors would be on these but might help with better spread

Comment

I think the TrueLumens are also sealed. As for reflectors, good point. I'm not convinced I'll need them though. I'm planning on only growing softies and a couple fish/shrimp.

Comment

Decided to go with just a 8,000k stunner by Ecoxotic. I'm going to try just this one first and if it's not enough light, I'll get another and hook them up.

Comment

Working...
        X