• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
    +1!

This tank is very pimp!

Plants have grown in very nice. :)
    Thanks, Thai. I'm having trouble with that crypt spiralis in the back but other than that I'm pretty happy with it all. I just keep stuffing it with more and more plants trying to see if there is such a thing as too much! I got some blyxa japonica yesterday to try out...woot!
    "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Lol feed them to the puffers. Anyways I've been wanting to set up a 2.5 pea puffer tank but I don't know where to get them :( I'm guessing fish gallery right?

Comment

Originally posted by aquabee View Post
        Love it. I'm waiting on my bank account to settle after dropping 500 smackaroos on fish and lights this weekend. Next is a dwarf puffer tank! SO cute! Or maybe I'll convert my Fluval Flora (which is basically the same as an Ebi) into a dwarf puffer tank. Although I'd have to get rid of my yellow shrimp, which would suck. Hmm.
        You should totally do that! And you wouldn't have to get rid of the skrimps, we keep 20-30 RCS in here, the puffers pick off one every once in awhile but they have enough hiding places that they would never be able to knock the numbers down too far...plus I try to keep the girls well-fed!
        "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by ometh View Post
          Lol feed them to the puffers. Anyways I've been wanting to set up a 2.5 pea puffer tank but I don't know where to get them :( I'm guessing fish gallery right?
          I wouldn't want to keep one in a 2.5...why so small!

Comment

This is what I am looking at getting her sometime this summer after we make our disney world trip (got to have money for the kid to spend there). http://www.amazon.com/Fluval-Nano-Sh...2692990&sr=1-6
            29 Gallon SA Tank -- 5 Bleeding Heart Tetras, Mated Pair of Angels, 7 Green Corys, and a Rubberlip Pleco

30 Gallon Breeder -- 20+ neon tetras, 3 albino cories, 2 albino bristlenose plecos, female betta, 1 angel

5 Gallon Shrimp Nano - Sakura Red Shrimp, Boraras Brigittae, Oto Cats, Olive Nerites, and Pink Ramshorn

Comment

Where did you buy your puffer from? I'm thinking we will get 2 females so they have company.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris.d514 View Post
                This is what I am looking at getting her sometime this summer after we make our disney world trip (got to have money for the kid to spend there). http://www.amazon.com/Fluval-Nano-Sh...2692990&sr=1-6
                That's exactly what I've got! And I love it...honestly, I'm itching to buy another one, and set them side-by-side when we convert this one to shrimp, later.

Originally posted by holly.d514 View Post
                Where did you buy your puffer from? I'm thinking we will get 2 females so they have company.
                I doubt that they would still have them by the time you guys get a tank ready, but no worries-they pop up fairly regularly here and there, you just have to be patient and keep checking. The 2 females are working out pretty good for me so far, but honestly my plan is to move them over to a 20g planted so that I can have a proper harem- 1 male to 2-3 females. Like we were saying last night, always buy the biggest tank you can afford, it will save you the hassle of having to upgrade later!

Comment

Good point. Reason being for the 2.5 is because it's just an extra tank I have lying around. I might get an Ada tank or something instead

Comment

Good point. Reason being for the 2.5 is because it's just an extra tank I have lying around. I might get an Ada tank or something instead
                    I love those picos for shrimp and snails...they're like little candy dishes for inverts. We're re-doing a rimless 2g now for our tylos and hoping to put some sulawesi shrimp in it when it's settled in.

Comment

Haha nice! I'm on a budget ATM and making due with what I have right now :P I might jus change my 20 planted to a planted puffer tank :)

Comment

Haha nice! I'm on a budget ATM and making due with what I have right now :P I might jus change my 20 planted to a planted puffer tank :)
                        I hear you, my piggy bank has been a little empty lately too! Boo.

That would be sweet, I can't wait to get a 20g to do the same...c'mon, $1 a gallon sale....!!

Comment

Lol I think another 3 or 2 weeks and it should start again right?

Comment

I really. really. hope so!!

Comment

Originally posted by LooksLater View Post
                              You should totally do that! And you wouldn't have to get rid of the skrimps, we keep 20-30 RCS in here, the puffers pick off one every once in awhile but they have enough hiding places that they would never be able to knock the numbers down too far...plus I try to keep the girls well-fed!
                              Awesome. Good to know! I will keep my yellows if I decide to get some puffers!
                              All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Survival of the yellowest? Hmmm... methinks not.
                                All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Working...
                                X