Pea puffer "Isle of Lesbos" set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pea puffer "Isle of Lesbos" set up

Here's my planted DP tank. It's a Fluval Ebi set up, 7.9g standard specs (stock internal filter w/spraybar& 13w fluval light- 6,400k I believe), with a 50w heater. Housing 1 Carinotetraodon Travancoricus (Indian Dwarf Puffer), her name is Squee. 3 Otocinclus (dwarf catfish), and maybe 5 total ghost and red cherry shrimp. I just recently rescaped and am really happy with how it looks! Still open to suggestions, so if you have one- fire away. Excuse the glare...I can haz camera skills? Somebody seems really happy with the set-up! I'm planning on adding more plants as I can. Not sure what this grass-like plant is, but it is impossible to plant and stay put! Grrr. A better pic of her before the rescape....too friggin cute. I am considering getting one more. With tank size, I think that's all I can house here comfortably. Fish Ranch 2 has some now, if I can sex them properly I may pick up another female soon, see if they get on. It's better to have 2 females if you only keep 2, is that right? Thanks for looking, everyone!
    Last edited by LooksLater; 03-20-2012, 05:43 PM. Reason: Change title
    "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Squee got a girlfriend today...

Here's the new girl, as yet unnamed...

They are getting along great so far, instead of Squee being aggressive as I assumed, she seems excited to have a playmate!

"I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

LoVe IT!!!!

I had to fight the urge to impulse on these... I think the CRS tank thanks me for my strength.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

how big do they grow?
        75g Tank,
        2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
        2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
        10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
        10g Tank
        Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Pea puffers get the size of a pea... hence the name.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

so can i get those things on a 3.5? or that is to small for them?
            75g Tank,
            2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
            2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
            10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
            10g Tank
            Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Think you could do a trio in that size tank with adequate structure.

I kept a trio in a 2.5g and they worked out well. They kept the RCS population at bay and never fought.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by R_sustaita View Post
                so can i get those things on a 3.5? or that is to small for them?
                It's possible, but really 3-5g per pea puffer is best, IMO.

Comment

Looks great! Can't wait to get some of these lil guys!
                  30Long: L134 Leopard Frog Plecos X16, Corydoras Sterbai X9, Endlers X4

Small ADA nano (~8gal): ... BKK or OEBT breeding tank in the works!

75g Craigslist Special: In the works...

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                    Think you could do a trio in that size tank with adequate structure.

I kept a trio in a 2.5g and they worked out well. They kept the RCS population at bay and never fought.
                    That's because you're the W/C king!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TexSun View Post
                      Looks great! Can't wait to get some of these lil guys!
                      Thanks! I adore them, they are so fun.

Comment

So I absolutely love your tank!! After seeing last night, I think my hubby says I might be able to get a tank and some pea puffers. I do have a question. Are Indian Puffers and Pea Puffers the same? When I was researching some this morning they seemed to be different but on here they seem the same. It's going to be a few months before we actually get one since we are going to set up a tank and let it run for a long time (not the evil tank because it actually cracked this morning so it's trash now)

Comment

+1!

This tank is very pimp!

Plants have grown in very nice. :)
                          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by holly.d514 View Post
                            So I absolutely love your tank!! After seeing last night, I think my hubby says I might be able to get a tank and some pea puffers. I do have a question. Are Indian Puffers and Pea Puffers the same? When I was researching some this morning they seemed to be different but on here they seem the same. It's going to be a few months before we actually get one since we are going to set up a tank and let it run for a long time (not the evil tank because it actually cracked this morning so it's trash now)
                            Yes, same thing different name. Indian Dwarf Puffers is how they are referred to in a lot of literature, but if you say that most people say, huh? Pea Puffers?
                            They are a really fun tank, but yes- having one up and cycled fully is a must- da puffs are super sensitive to ammonia, nitrites and nitrates so they usually can't make it through a start-up. :(
                            And that'll give you guys some time to try your hand at plants, pea puffers love thickly planted digs, so that'll work out!

Hhahah! That's funny- the cursed tank finally bit the dust, eh?! BE GONE, YE EVIL THING!!!! Oh well, that's the best excuse there is to get a new- and better- one!!

Comment

Love it. I'm waiting on my bank account to settle after dropping 500 smackaroos on fish and lights this weekend. Next is a dwarf puffer tank! SO cute! Or maybe I'll convert my Fluval Flora (which is basically the same as an Ebi) into a dwarf puffer tank. Although I'd have to get rid of my yellow shrimp, which would suck. Hmm.
                              All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Working...
                              X