FishRUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FishRUS

I've kept dealing with this store only because they were the closest to me. Not ONCE did I ever buy fish that something did not die except for the Convict Cichlids I purchased there (yes, they did replace ONE fish out of more than 5 that died); one male and two females. Well, in 8-9 months I had the original three plus 50 more which have totally unsettled my tank so I tried to email them to see if I could bring all of them back in for trade. Emails rejected; mailbox full. Not once but four times that I can remember. So, I used my IPRelay system (I am deaf) to call. 5:15pm one afternoon, no answer. They should have been open until 6:30pm. So, I called back this morning and before my Relay Operator could finish reading them my question, they hung up. I asked the Operator to call back. Before she could even finish telling them who was calling, someone said, "Owner not in, we are not interested at this time" and hung up AGAIN! There was no, "Thank you for calling" or even a 'Good-Bye"....they just slammed down the phone. I will NEVER, EVER go back to that place and you should not even bother going, if you're thinking about it. They are DISRESPECTFUL and RUDE!!!!! How those people stay in business is beyond me. I had a shop in FL for 7 years and never did I ever treat customers so badly. They should be closed down!!!!!

unfortunately you are not in the minority with this place, its a real shame. try calling ultimate fish...they used to trade many years ago. if not, fish ranch II may
    75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
    28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
    12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
    29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
    45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
    33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Thank you. I knew just by instincts this was not a good place but when you live way out here (near Lake Conroe) you look for a closer business than traveling all the way into Houston. Someone should shut those people down!

LIB

Comment

i use them since i live in porter and have known the owner for a long time. the other employees are rude and at his price level there should be a replacement policy for sure. he gets really good livestock at times so its too bad, but even i wont buy them unless they just got in...sometimes i dont like the way his aquaria look.

GHAC Member

Comment

If you know the owner, you should inform him what's being said about his business on here and on the net. He needs a complete change in employees with someone who knows something about customer relations. If he can stay in business the way things are, think about the more customers and profit he could generate with a few changes. If he needs a GOOD manager, I'll show him how it's done!

LIB

Comment

i think that i will mention that to him next time, he will take it the good way or he wont lol

GHAC Member

Comment

Me thinks he won't care or changes would have been made sooner.

LIB

Comment

Originally posted by LIB View Post
                Me thinks he won't care or changes would have been made sooner.

LIB
                He won't care...been there done that...never going there again!
                215g Malawi Peacocks and Mbuna
                180g Tropheus Ikola and Bemba and Clown Loaches
                58g Bristlenose breeding and grow out

Comment

Just my 2 cents, but my husband and I went there earlier this month for the first time, just to check it out. We spoke with Jason & he was very friendly and helpful, even walked around the store with us and offered his help on the 180g we were setting up at the time. We also dealt with a couple of the other employees and they were very nice, as well. No floaters in the tanks, we walked each aisle in both rooms & nothing seemed sickly or poor. Perhaps he has made some changes since this thread was started? Not sure, but our experience there was a complete 180 from the previous comments.
                  180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
                  75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
                  50g - Various platy & mollies
                  10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Comment

We have gone there a few times because well there and Ultimate Fish are the only stores close by. We have had bad experiences with the employees and the owner. They are all rude and treated us like we were stupid. We spent over $200 there in fish only to have all of them die. We do all of our business at Fish Ranch II (cause Tran is the shizznit lol), Extreme Fish, Fish Gallery, Ultimate and Fish Land if we go to a LFS but we try and buy from hobbyist and local breeders like ourselves. I have found a lot of cichlid enthusiast here in Montgomery County. All of them say the same thing about Fish R Us...they will not ever go there again. My husband and I would rather drive 45 minutes into town.
                    My fish have more personality than you

Comment

I would certainly agree that I have been treated similarly there and have just learned to not ask questions and ignore the employees.
                      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                      Desiderius Erasmus
                      GHAC President

Comment

I didn't get the same treatment as the others on my last trip there but have in the past so I know.

I just ignore most of it if I stop by cause I've gone to see if anything is worth the trip but other than that I stick to the one's that take care of me.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

You shouldn't have to ignore people to get fish, especially when there are great shops like haw and fish ranch. I will drive a little farther and spend a little more to get good customer service.

Comment

When I first started in the hobby over a decade ago they were pretty good. Now I noticed most of the fish get sick/die when I get em home. I used to go all the time with it being the closest to me since the lfs here and in Nacogdoches all closed. Now I just drive thre extra miles and go to fish gallery and houston aquatics. Most trips I dont even bother going into fish r us.

Comment

I too have purchased a few fish at FishRUs. And while the fish did not die, in fact are still alive and well, the employees were rather rude and it was I that had to go to them for assistance rather than them coming to me but I guess she was to busy on her cell to worry about customers. When I asked the girl if she knew if the fish I was purchasing for sure would get along with my other cichlids her reply was "I guess". End game was.... I got my few little fish, and they got along fine with my others but I have not been back since. Crappy customer service is a business killer and I for one will not go back until I know they have new employees who know what they are talking about and not busy chatting on the phone.

Comment

Working...
                              X