No announcement yet.

FishRUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We made the drive from Jersey Village yesterday and it was definitely worth it. Spent way more money than I had planned on and some of the supply prices are higher than stores in Houston but that is to be expected since he is basically the only thing in his area and it didn't stop me from buying what I needed. Tanks themselves all looked to be clean and he had a very good selection of fish.

Saw a huge mbu puffer and a medium size and along with some smaller bumble be puffers. Picked up a japanese flounder ourselves along with a couple other fish. Didn't experience any rude treatment although he was very matter of fact and to the point but answered all of our questions without hesitation. The only thing that got me was "do not touch tank" written on every tank in the store. All three of us that went agreed it was definitely worth the drive and will be going back.

Comment

FishRUS

I have never had any issues with Fish R Us while in the store. Jason, owner, is always very cool with me and more than willing to answer my questions. I don't really ask the employees any questions and usually have to give them the "I'm just looking around" until I'm ready for them to pull fish. When I have called to get a price on special order items Jason usually calls me back within the hour.

I've never had an issue with fish dying, maybe 1 or 2 here and there but that's to be expected. The key thing IMO is to only buy something if it looks full and healthy.

In the end I like the way Jason does business. He doesn't kiss my *** and gives me his straight opinion.

Someone mentioned Ultimate Fish, and I would also recommend people go visit Alex's store too. I've been to fish stores the south side too but ultimate and Fish R Us are my two favorites.

Comment

yeah his mbu is pretty cool. they have been doing a better job cleaning the stock tanks recently. i have had problems with things dying and havent bought from him in a while. maybe i will try again soon. i have never had a problem with jason being rude, but some of the gals that were working in there definately were. i dont see those same ladies in there these days tho.
        75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
        28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
        12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
        29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
        45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
        33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

My Mom always told me "if you don't have anything nice to say. Don't say anything at all". Thanks Mom...

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Originally posted by fshfrk View Post
            My Mom always told me "if you don't have anything nice to say. Don't say anything at all". Thanks Mom...
            If I say ditto, am I saying something or nothing at all?????
            215g Malawi Peacocks and Mbuna
            180g Tropheus Ikola and Bemba and Clown Loaches
            58g Bristlenose breeding and grow out

Comment

Originally posted by SteveCGG View Post
              If I say ditto, am I saying something or nothing at all?????
              I believe you are saying something by not saying anything . . .
              Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
              Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
              Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
              Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

so something is the absense of nothing? whoa dude divide by zero and stuff
                75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
                28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
                12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
                29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
                45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
                33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Went into FishRUs about a week ago and while the store is clean and I was greeted when I went in, the selection is something to be desired. I saw several dead fish in tanks.. They did however have some beautiful black veil angelfish, to bad I do not keep angelfish or they would be in my tank now..lol. Several of the tanks were very murky and being taken over with algae but there was an employee cleaning some of the tanks while I was there.

Comment

I've never had any issues with Fish R US. Jason is usually very friendly to me. My usual questions to him are where did you ship these from and how long have you had them. The live stock is as healthy as any other LFS. I've been buying from him off and on for 6 years.

Alex at Ultimatefish is great. I've been dealing with him since the first day he opened up shop. He won't sell me anything he thinks is doing bad. I had him order a group of T. bembas for me, once. When I got there, he told me they didn't look so good out of the bag, even though they looked awsome, when I got there. Instead I bought a group of T. Kirizas from him. The bembas did very poorly later on. That's a loss he took. People say he's on the expensive side, but that guy has taken losses to satisfy his costumers.

Fish Ranch II is great, just far for me. Prices are great.

Fish Gallery is awsome, esp. with rare stuff, just far aswell, but worth the trip. Don has been able to get me the coolest fish. I've been shopping there for over 14 years (back when it was Village Tropical Fish- miss the old store somewhat- and Bobby's- wise cracks- that guy was the fish GURU and Steve the plant GURU).
                    Emerald Green Rainbowfish
                    Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Shot i ask for some live sand thay told me thay dont have any right now but i can sale u the live sand in my take so i said how much he told me 4.99 a pound thats crazy

Comment

LOL!! Wow!

Comment

Working...
                        X