No announcement yet.

Introducing Suki, my new Fahaka baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought about putting some kind of filter on my sump but idk how itd work...
    20g mixed reef

Comment

Originally posted by nightster View Post
      Im running dual fx5s and a wet/dry for a 300 gallon tank with about 600gph flow through the wet/dry. There isn't any more room for filters under my stand.
      Whoa. MmmmMmm...whoa.

And you're still doing bi-weekly W/C? That's disheartening.
      "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by LooksLater View Post
        Whoa. MmmmMmm...whoa.

And you're still doing bi-weekly W/C? That's disheartening.
        Try to do weekly but sometimes I get lazy and do biweekly.
        20g mixed reef

Comment

Sasha, he didn't mean "twice weekly", more like "once every two weeks" so you can be as lazy as you deem fit
          http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
            Sasha, he didn't mean "twice weekly", more like "once every two weeks" so you can be as lazy as you deem fit
            +1 sorry for the confusion...
            20g mixed reef

Comment

Oh, gotcha! Idk why I didn't get that until the response. OKAY. That sounds better! Phew.
              "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

+1 sorry for the confusion...
                Lol, no- my bad. Not sleeping enough or something...

Comment

Originally posted by LooksLater View Post
                  Lol, no- my bad. Not sleeping enough or something...
                  My fault too, should have said every other week lol...
                  20g mixed reef

Comment

Chris, you got to watch what you say to these ppl in the sticks.

Only kidding

Comment

No, totally me just not thinking about it. If you'd said bi-weekly about anything else, it would have clicked. Duh.

Anyway, thanks for the info! That makes me happy, to think BI_WEEKLY (hehheh!) might be possible...I've been doing 50-60% 3 times weekly, and now that my plants have come in a bit and feeding went to every other day, I'm able to stretch it out to 2x wk. I am so excited to move her up and get bigger filtration. This'll be my first big tank so I'm trying to wrap my head around wet dry's, big canisters, etc and figure out what I need...

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
                        Chris, you got to watch what you say to these ppl in the sticks.

Only kidding
                        Wha? I'm frum Missoura, that don't mean I'm not edjamacated!!

Comment

Missoura... I rest my case

Comment

:bigrazz:

Comment

i thought about putting some kind of filter on my sump but idk how itd work...
                              The wet/dry is awesome with a filter down there! The wet/dry gets stupid nasty so I've always ran some sort of flow in there and always like to have the extra pump running through the drip plate so that when my wet/dry is off during water changes the bio-balls keep wet.

On my old tank I had my reactor running in the sump and the return drips on the drip tray, this current tank i've switched over to the Magnum HOT now which I've always wanted to do and the return is made with a spray bar over the bio-balls.
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X