Livestock ideas for a FOWLR 40 gallon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Livestock ideas for a FOWLR 40 gallon

So I might end up keeping my 40 gallon because my girl and I have been wanting a puffer and I've been wanting a golden dwarf moray so I thought "why not a toby and a GDME" thing is I know a few more things could go in there. I might just sell the 40 and set up a 55 or 60 just more room. Any more ideas for livestock? The 2 mains things I'm revolving the tank around are the GDME and the Toby.

anyone like to chime in?

Comment

You could add a nice dwarf Lion fish in there. They have lots of personality, real fun to watch. Other then that a nice wrasse, or fox face. Those are only if you upgrade to bigger tank.

Comment

I've heard that you would have to go against the puffer with the lion because of "curiosity killed the puffer" so to speak lol

heres my thoughts of a list so far

toby puffer
        white ribbon eel
        some kind of angler
        marine betta
        a lunar wrasse

Comment

I have always kept lions and puffers together. I would steer away from the angler. They really should be in a breed specific aquarium, usually with only one of them. You would be suprised what they can eat. It usually ends up killing other fish and itself in process. I am on my phone but when I get to comp I will post videos of anglers eating big fish.

Comment

I loved my old angler, I would have an empty tank just for them
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
              I loved my old angler, I would have an empty tank just for them
              What size would you say for a angler Q? Ive heard people keeping them in relatively small tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tntdsol View Post
                I have always kept lions and puffers together. I would steer away from the angler. They really should be in a breed specific aquarium, usually with only one of them. You would be suprised what they can eat. It usually ends up killing other fish and itself in process. I am on my phone but when I get to comp I will post videos of anglers eating big fish.
                hmmm then I may go with the lion then. Guess i'll just watch the toby

Comment

I had a pictus? I forget exactly but it was relatively small. The only problem I saw was keeping something that ate like that in good waters. I had mine in a custom 30g and it did fine. Before that I kept a galveston collected sargassum angler in a 10g
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                    I had a pictus? I forget exactly but it was relatively small. The only problem I saw was keeping something that ate like that in good waters. I had mine in a custom 30g and it did fine. Before that I kept a galveston collected sargassum angler in a 10g
                    galveston collected?! didn't know we were aloud to collect anything. thought some kind of restriction or something was about. now that makes me wanna collect now lol

Comment

**** anglers! species only tank!

Comment

I have a few vids of mine on youtube as well... eklikewhoa is my sn on there.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

ooooo nice.

anyways back to the subject of my FOWLR.

Comment

I am going to be building a 20g Long mixed reef to put an angler in. The topic of your FOWLR is going to depend how big you decide to go with tank. The thing with FOWLR fish is they are messy and get fairly large. IMO decide what setup you want to go with then line out you stocking options. With that said, it looks like you have a pretty good list going so far. I was reading on RC about some of the dwarf eels and they look really cool. They were even talking about putting them in reef tanks.

This video is cool too!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPbEx...eature=related
                            Last edited by tntdsol; 02-07-2012, 02:15 AM.

Comment

yep! Ive decided to keep my 75 and use it for FOWLR so I can probably get way with my current list and few more. the GDME is gonna go in my 45 reef (47?) idk what size tank lol. I'm mostly gonna keep good size fish with him so he won't be snaking on anything. I just need to get my 2 150w halides and hob fuge for it and it's good to go!

my FOWLR tank just needs to be drilled and a stand. I have a 20 gallon sump with a skimmer I got off a wet/dry. just needs a collection cup.

Comment

Working...
                              X