Just Enjoying My Planted Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Enjoying My Planted Tank

7.jpgMalawa shrimp... I have three berried. I also have CRS, RCS-many berried, Amano-5 berried, and two or three orange eyed blue...which stick together and hide in the mass of moss.

8.jpgClose up of flora and fauna.. note the assassin love top left corner. I don't know why, but I LOVE assassin snails!

9.jpgShrimp, plants, driftwood, once piece of lava rock, strangely clear water at Ph7.4- out of the well, and approx 72 degrees

10.jpgNot THE most glamorous 29gal, but I can sit mesmerized... all shades of green plants, pink/red plants, and a Red Rubra bulb I am waiting to poke through any day now. A couple types of Crypts (pontederiifolia, wendtii, lingua), Apo. natans, flame moss, Philipine java fern, regular java fern, Pellia, Pearl moss, Marimo balls (3 little ones), and various pieces of Anubias - nana, and larger types. There are other types of plants I can't remember. Some are from Ben like the red in the middle back, and the tall grass back right. I forget what the super fast growing technical name is for the guppy grass as well as a long stringy tube like thing with nice green leaves and clingy roots.
    I hope you enjoy.

12.jpgMy two male bn plecos. One is albino (in top of flower pot rim) and the other is Calico. There is one female brown bn pleco in the tank. Luckily there have been no altercations between the two males. My albino is quite lazy and I can find him most days in the same spot. The calico is beautiful in person and his bristles are growing nicely. He is a year younger than the albino.

13.jpgWide variety of foliage for the shrimp, cories, plecos, snails and glo fish

fish.jpgAnother view

fish4.jpgAnother closeup.

14.jpgShrimp plying king of the mountain

15.jpgAssassin lovin

16.jpgAnother view of plants and shrimp

17.jpg I love my assassins
    I have some regular flourish I add once every other week. Regular fluorescent bulb in the fixture. Tank sits in front of closed blinds/covered window but light still lightens the room. Yesterday I added a weekend feeder thing, and the shrimp went crazy and they began molting like crazy. I do add CO2 tabs to this plastic thingie and the plants do seem to like it. I keep a cheap tetra set-temp heater to keep it above 70 but there is nothing of any great expense which is keeping these plants, shrimp, or fish -alive.
    I enjoy it. Some may feel it is an eyesore, but if you know me... I don't care hahahahaha... This is a piece of chaotic peace for me. All of these pictures were taken using my cell phone - the LG-Thrill. Anyway...my little piece of heaven -in water ;-)
    5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
    20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
    29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
    29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
    29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
    55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
    75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
    / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Dont be negative about it. All planted tanks are a work of art. And like art , some people like it, some dont. Call it a ” wild natural growth tank”. I like a lot of those wild tanks better than manicured garden tanks. Each their own.

Nice job

Comment

ty... I love it. I know some work really hard for their tanks to look perfect and I simply want the inhabitants to be happy. The shrimp LOVE the huge ball of moss over in the right corner. If anything in the tank doesn't like something.... it gets rearranged by them. The fish swim around and above the plays and the emerald cories swim around like crazy and are still under an inch so it is really cute. I think I have about 10 assassins in their plus babies I haven't seen... And every time I turn around they are attempting to reproduce. For me, I think well water (NOT right after a hard rain) is the key hahaha...everyone loves it.
      5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
      29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
      / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Looking great
        "There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing."
        "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by. "
        -Dead Man's Chest

Comment

Any planted tank looks good compared to non imo!

LoL "FUNction over form".
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I try to find vegetation for all of my tanks..but some fish just don't "go for it" other than eating it hahaha. My crays won't eat crypts... but the jacks and buffalo heads tear up ANY plants in a tank.
            / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

My next scape is along the lines of this discussion. LoL

Hopefully it turns out like I expect it to.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i used to do the dutch garden thing and now i find that just looks like a supermarket with everything orderly on shelves, even the 'natural' aquariums have too many rules to their designs these days. just plant what looks good to you because, as ek says, any real plants are better than none. unless you compete, the idea of the aquarium is to enjoy it and not to be a hassle.
                75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
                28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
                12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
                29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
                45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
                33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

oh and i had to chuckle at the MTS graveyard pic with the assassin snail trolling through it. good to see that yours ride around on each other too, i thought mine were just weird.
                  75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
                  28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
                  12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
                  29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
                  45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
                  33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Hahaha I have entirely too many mts'. A lot in the graveyard and still 5x as many alive hahaha. I need to get another puffer. Or get a larger puffer. That way, my planted tanks could feed my puffer tank.

Many of my friends here know I don't follow too many rules when it comes to real life functionality, so why should my tank be any different. I tried to stick with real rocks and real wood hahahahaha
                    / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Nobody understands this hobby more that you, Reba. The second word of your thread title says it all.
                      Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                      Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                      Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                      Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

+1
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Reba tank looks great!
                          i setup a 1g vase with a petco air sponge 2x assassin snails and a few rcs and ive been watching it for hours, lol.

what matters is your enjoyment you get out of it.
                          plants and fish look awesome aswell.
                          i love the shot of the male bn's
                          FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

Originally posted by armthehomeless View Post
                            Nobody understands this hobby more that you, Reba. The second word of your thread title says it all.
                            +1 i agree i jsut started back on the hobby and im doing my 1st ever planted / shrimp tank and i am a friend of Navarro and his are jsut amazing but the puts to much science to it and i place fun and how i wanted it to grow. And i made it my own.
                            75g Tank,
                            2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
                            2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
                            10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
                            10g Tank
                            Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Navarro's fun is on a whole different level!
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X