No announcement yet.

40 Gallon Breeder / Mixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea adding two clowns would not bother me as much if I didnt already have a maroon in the tank. If I do get more clowns they will all be introduced at the same time.

Comment

Is it a yellow striped maroon. If so, don't think you'll have luck with any other clowns in that tank.

Comment

I dont think it is a yellow striped. I will take a pic of it later and see if I can post it.

Comment

I might just have to get rid of the Clown like I am some of the coral and tang. I might post him on here in the next couple days.

Comment

If its a maroon clown, its either white or yellow stripe.

Comment

I will check it out when I get home. If it is white do you think I can add a couple more clowns or am I better off getting rid of it and adding more then?

Comment

If its white you have a chance. I have a white and a pair in my 100. Not sure how they'll do in a smaller tank. But if its yellow, I say zero chance.

Comment

At least I have a chance. LOL. What about adding to the tank? If I did have any fish what would you all suggest I put in a mixed reef 40 breeder?

Comment

Six line would be one of my choices. A blenny, different ones out there, purple firefish

Comment

Okay I might look at getting rid of the maroon clown. I will get fire fish for sure, already have starry blenny(One of my favorites). I cant decide between sixline or White Banded Possum Wrasse.

Comment

Also, what are everyone thoughts on putting a dwarf lion(Fuzzy) in a reef? I heard they are fine....I usally dont do much with shrimp. Mainly hermits and snails.

Comment

I've kept them and they were very docile to their inhabitants... several gobies and none ever went missing. I would buy damsels in hopes of feeding them and all I ended up with was a colony of chromis.

Pick your livestock carefully and it'll be good. I loved my dwarf fuzzies! I found a awesome yellow one which was the coolest!
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Do you think they will eat blenny, fire fish, or sixline?

Comment

Depends on the specic fish...blenny might make it but the fire fish might not.

I really can't speak for every fish, I know the ones I had didn't bother.
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Yea I will prolly hold off on fuzzy. I think after this one is up and running I am going to setup a FO tank. I am going to go with Angler and Lion fish.

Comment

Working...
                                X