Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prohibited Texas Fish... to import, possess, sell, or place in water in this state

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know someone who owns an arapaima

Comment

Any know the rule for fw rays? I'm looking to get some if possible.

List says they are all illegal but I have reports of some for sale at a lfs.
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Think there something mentioned which stated there was a species that was legal for trade but then again I'm sure the chances of the LFS not knowing what they are selling.

Then there's the ones that do know and think by leaving off the "price" makes it legal.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I'm thinking black diamond or p14 rays.

I'm guessing those are illegal?
          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Nothing is illegal unless you .... well you know.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Lol, nahhhh.

I couldn't risk it.
              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

whatchu talkin bout willis?
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Motoros, black diamond, rose rays ect. Are all illegal. But nothing's impossible...
                  The only species of rays for sale legally are Atlantic rays also Florida brown stingrays. They get about 24-36" disc size and run about $130 on avg for an 8" - 10" disc size juvie.
                  FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

Naturally all the cool looking rays are illegal.....:(

I as hoping to keep a trio of black diamonds.
                    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I've seen moto rays sold here locally before... They are pretty!

Comment

I myself have seen them for sale, albeit occasionally. These that I have seen are indeed some on the illegal list, but to be honest the chance of releasing one of these for fun is ridiculous with a $200-300 price tag. I have a feeling they fall under the age old problem of a few people writing rules that no one can enforce. They are likely under Fish and Game Wardens, but when was the last time you ever saw one of them in a fish store 'checking' the livestock. Most errors are honest errors and mis-ships, so are ignored. It is nearly as ridiculous as the plant ban in which they wrote all those excessive rules and have only 2-3 people in the entire state that can enforce them and they wrote them. Its just a lack of exp. enforcers with no real ability to change the way things are done.
                        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                        Desiderius Erasmus
                        GHAC President

Comment

Thai call me at 7135694323 later tonight I might have something you'd be interested in.
                          Call around 8:30.
                          FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mnemenoi View Post
                            I myself have seen them for sale, albeit occasionally. These that I have seen are indeed some on the illegal list, but to be honest the chance of releasing one of these for fun is ridiculous with a $200-300 price tag. I have a feeling they fall under the age old problem of a few people writing rules that no one can enforce. They are likely under Fish and Game Wardens, but when was the last time you ever saw one of them in a fish store 'checking' the livestock. Most errors are honest errors and mis-ships, so are ignored. It is nearly as ridiculous as the plant ban in which they wrote all those excessive rules and have only 2-3 people in the entire state that can enforce them and they wrote them. Its just a lack of exp. enforcers with no real ability to change the way things are done.

+1!

On top of it...the rules maybe on the books but when was the last time it was even enforced. From all the reports of rays being sold at LFS.....I'm guessing not much.
                            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by TaTeR ToT View Post
                              Thai call me at 7135694323 later tonight I might have something you'd be interested in.
                              Call around 8:30.

lol, whatcha talkin bout?

I'm not interested in buying, selling, or keeping illegal rays. :)

I'm text you.
                              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Of course not. Ill text back later tonight At work right now.
                                FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X