55 gallon sump Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 gallon sump Build

I know its not as benificial as using a sump for a salt water but it had enough benefits for me to really want one. Had some free time once again. used a 55 gallon glass aquarium and a sheet of acrylic glass. Made my cute using a blad for cutting plasitcs along with a rotozip. Im currently running 2 intakes and one discharge. The first compartment is a 7inch 100 micro sock filter with scrubbers, second will eventually have some plants to help with nitrates but for now has bubble stones and 2 heaters. I had put in a little gallon section for fry but used and thinner acrylic and it did not hold up to the water. the third section houses one pump putting everything back into the tank. The last section is seperated from the sump and i will be running a HOB and that section will be for holding females and breeding groups and such. I will have a 2 inch check valve on the discharge side and the discharge on the aquarium will have the overflow.

been running for a whole day now and has worked great!!! Have a female peacock and 2 sets of fry already in the sump. And the flow going through the tank is streaming through like a river.

about to add more scrubbers in the first compartment. like 3 times than whats in there and they will be at the bottom of the sump
    240 and 35 Cichlid tanks

I'm doing this
    210 gallon ~ S/A, C/A build; jaguar, dovii, flowerhorn, gold doviI, 2 red devils, pacu, shovel nose cat
    125 gallon long ~ African cichlids
    10 gallon ~ ghost shrimp breeding (fish treats) haha

Comment

Very nice

Comment

plants and co2 are in. Still very pleased. And this whole sock filter trial is working real good. Think the 7 inch filter was a good size
        240 and 35 Cichlid tanks

Comment

Working...
        X