Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need one aqueon 500 powerhead!! or 2 koralia evo nano 425gph...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: need one aqueon 500 powerhead!! or 2 koralia evo nano 425gph...

need another powerhead to attemp a whirlpool in my tank... lol
    come on guy i know yall have some small powerhead laying around...
    either 1 aqueon 500
    or 2 of any 400-500gph nano powerhead
    post and ill pm offer!!
    thanks
    20L nano saltwater tank- (In Progress)

55G tropheus tank- 22 T. ikola,23 T. red chimba, 4 brevis, 3 b.pleco, 1 dwarf giraffe cat
    NO SUCH THING AS OVER FILTRATION... =DD

good luck with that one mate! been begging myself!
    i have a 700 gph aqueon...but if i give you it, i'll have a dead tank myself!
    ive been looking for a couple of 240gph k-nanos or even the bio-cube branded circulation pumps (i'm sure they're made by aqueon, they look identical, but they're 240 gph as well)
    I'll happily trade my 700 gph unit IF you can help me find one of the smaller circulation pumps!

Comment

is that the same size as the 500?

55G tropheus tank- 22 T. ikola,23 T. red chimba, 4 brevis, 3 b.pleco, 1 dwarf giraffe cat

Comment

i think it's like half an inch longer and half an inch wider, it's slightly bigger, but you'd have to put them side by side to really know

Comment

dims for 500 - 5.4x2.5x3.5
          dims for 700 - 5.7x3x3.9
          so the difference is measured in 1/8th inches

Comment

sorry i cant take anything bigger then the a500 cuz i have a 20L tank... and need small powerhead...

Comment

that's cool...it's actually in my 20L too ;-)

Comment

but i already have one a500 so another a700 will just look stuffed... lol.. thanks for the offer though =DD

Comment

no worries, sorry to go off topic, if you don't mind me asking - what is this 'whirlpool' you speak of and what kind of creature lives in this whirlpool?
                  i wanted 2 240's in my 20l then have them on alternate 15 min cycles to create the alternate flow, from what i've read random flow is nearly always better than linear flow....hope this isn't coming off as arrogant, i'm genuinely intrigued to know how you set up your circulation and why you do it that way, if you say thats the best way in a 20l...i may just look at getting another 700 myself. is 1400 too much for a 20l?

Comment

Originally posted by BiGPiNK View Post
                    no worries, sorry to go off topic, if you don't mind me asking - what is this 'whirlpool' you speak of and what kind of creature lives in this whirlpool?
                    i wanted 2 240's in my 20l then have them on alternate 15 min cycles to create the alternate flow, from what i've read random flow is nearly always better than linear flow....hope this isn't coming off as arrogant, i'm genuinely intrigued to know how you set up your circulation and why you do it that way, if you say thats the best way in a 20l...i may just look at getting another 700 myself. is 1400 too much for a 20l?
                    I do believe so. I have a quiet one 4000 in my 110gallon and its pushing 1000gph and its creating quite a whirlpool. Its even picking the sand up

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Comment

Alternating or pulsating would be better than linear but something is better than nothing and with the cheap alternatives like the aqueons I wouldn't bother trying to pulse them cause they'd crap out.
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Imho... vortech, hands down.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                          Imho... vortech, hands down.
                          If I had a spare two hundred and fifty bucks - yes, vortech is essentially what we all aspire to ;-)

On the other hand...the aqueon pumps are actually quite a fairly priced option...they start silently (at least for me) so I think they'd be alright for ghetto wave duties...I know they won't last years or anything, but certainly not a bad option!

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                            X