Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump -

10 Eureka Red fry left
    Have a variety of BN plecos. Blue eyes, albino red eyes, browns, brown/greens

Have about 30 Nyererei growing out now - should be ready by Jan
    Last edited by Andrew_B; 12-13-2011, 10:28 AM.

Comment

I'd still like to get a couple of those nyererei fry's when they're ready.
      Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Comment

Pm sent
        280g:peacocks
        210g : haps
        12g : shellies
        (4) 55g:breeding tanks

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_B View Post
          Bump -

10 Eureka Red fry left
          Have a variety of BN plecos. Blue eyes, albino red eyes, albino long fin, browns

Have about 30 Nyererei growing out now - should be ready by Jan
          got any pics of the blue eye pleco
          Out of the hobby for now..

Comment

Top is of one of the brown/green BNs, and bottom is one of the L144 Blue eyes

Comment

if the nyerereis get to be 2inches tell me... i want more... lol.. or maybe some red peacock... =DD
              20L nano saltwater tank- (In Progress)

55G tropheus tank- 22 T. ikola,23 T. red chimba, 4 brevis, 3 b.pleco, 1 dwarf giraffe cat
              NO SUCH THING AS OVER FILTRATION... =DD

Comment

Thanks for the red eye,blue eye, BN, and the two peacocks. I wanna see gimpy when he's bigger!! Lol.

Comment

He'll be a show piece for sure. Surely there is a handicap category for those events

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_B View Post
                    He'll be a show piece for sure. Surely there is a handicap category for those events
                    Rotflmao!!!!!

Comment

andrew_b do the red peacock go well with what i have? if they do can you hold 5 for me... i need them to be at lease... 1-3/4'' to 2'' b/c my fishes are growing now since i seperated the 3 dominant litho...

55G tropheus tank- 22 T. ikola,23 T. red chimba, 4 brevis, 3 b.pleco, 1 dwarf giraffe cat

Comment

I have 8 left, between 1.25" and 1.5". It's going to be a good 2 months before they reach 2".

In terms of going together, what do you have now - Like 18 or so Nyererei/Lithochromis, and soon to be set up in a 55gal? With a tank being that busy, you could treat it like a malawi tank and just stock it up to where there won't be individual aggression. The Eureka reds would be okay, now if it was set up as low stock tank where they're given a chance to gain territories, I wouldnt add them. If I put a breeding pair of Eurekas in a 55gal with a breeding Nyererei pair. Eureka male would hiding behind a filter tube the whole time.

Comment

ok... nvm then... ima keep an eye out for other fishes that will go along with these... my tank just doesnt look vibrant enough... only 3 shows colors the rest is like a minnow like color... a hint of blue but thats about it... i love the 3 colorful ones!! lol

Comment

There really isnt much that can go with them as small groups, but your tank is pretty stocked, so you can probably put anything with them since the aggression will be spread around. But a fish that would at least be able to dish it back would be Hap SP.44 "thick skin"/"red tail hap" I don't have mine anymore, but it would still be a decent pick up if you can find some smaller ones. They grow faster than what you have since they can get 6"+ but they really slow down at 3-4"

Comment

i will be buying more o cats, 2 more juhli cory cats, and probably put like 10 assassins snails in there with other snails too... =DDD

Comment

im currently feeding them twice a day... and it seems like there growing faster... only been a week and it looks like they grew 1/4 of an inch... =DDD

Comment

Working...
                                X