Nightster's fahaka puffer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightster's fahaka puffer thread

Well ive had my fahaka for sometime now, its been though its share of tanks thats for sure. It started out in a 29g, then moved to a 75g, sold to a buddy as a necessity, bought back a month later and put into a 30L. I dont plan on ever selling it again, my girlfriend and I actually missed it lol. I purchased it back in April on a whim bc I had an empty tank and wanted to try freshwater. Probably the only fish I haven't gotten bored with, I think in part bc of how much personality these fish have. Im currently trying to train it on pellets and since starting that venture have noticed excellent growth, kinda wish I had started when it was younger. I got the idea from another box members thread, I stuff small bits of shrimp with nls. He hasn't accepted just plain nls yet but it'll happen if I keep on trying. Well here are a few pictures of it, one of it the day I got it and one from yesterday. The 30L its in now has 2 hob filters and a 2217, so I know I have plenty of filtration.
    20g mixed reef

Looks good bro! Wife loves hers. Bugged me for two about having one. Now her and my daughter talk and play with him like a puppy. These are awesome fish!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Well my puffer got upgraded today, hes in a 125 tall with 2 fx5s and a wet/dry.
      20g mixed reef

Comment

Awesome! How's he liking the new home??
        All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Hes exploring right now lol
          20g mixed reef

Comment

Nice, I've had my Fahaka in a 55 gallon for about seven months, he's getting a little too big for it now. I would love to put him in my 360 gallon but I think he would kill my Dats, or Frontosas. If I find a great deal on something I'll get it.....
            420 Gallon: IT's, NGT's, NTT's, AT's, Cichla Pleizona, Bichirs, Blue Arowana, Spotted Gar, Clown Loaches

Comment

Theres that 8'x2'x2' for sale on here. Wish I could get that for mine...
              20g mixed reef

Comment

Yea, I just seen it. I'm not sure if I would want a tank that big on the second story of my house though..
                420 Gallon: IT's, NGT's, NTT's, AT's, Cichla Pleizona, Bichirs, Blue Arowana, Spotted Gar, Clown Loaches

Comment

Looking really good man. Looks like plenty of room for a while. I'm about to move mine to my 150, once it's set up.

---
                  I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.531986,-95.157794
                  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

It's been really active since I put it in there...
                    20g mixed reef

Comment

Haven't updated in awhile, here's a few pictures of him lately. I fed him a few hours before the pictures that's why he's a lil chunky lol.
                      20g mixed reef

Comment

Aw. He looks great, all fat and happy! Hopefully I'll get mine fattened up like this soon.
                        "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Changed the wet/dry and overflow set up last night. Decided to do a major cleaning and water change, rearranged the scape too. I noticed too many little spots for debris to gather so I tried to make it more "flow" friendly. I think with the amount of flow I have in there nothing should settle on the sand bed, and my puffer gets a work out lol. Pics to come later today.
                          20g mixed reef

Comment

Power heads? Or just the two fluvals?

Comment

2 fx5s, 1000gph return on wet/dry, and 2 750 koralias.
                              20g mixed reef

Comment

Working...
                              X