TAKO resurection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAKO resurection?

For the last few years, TAKO has dwindled and has been all but dead. I guess you could call this another attempt to revive it. If I can get 10 people seriously interested in starting up TAKO, I'll put some serious work into it. I have a hidden appreciation for killies, and I feel like they are seriously under-appreciated around here. Killifish are surprisingly easy to keep, and come from fresh, brackish, and full saltwater. I think if people looked into killies a bit more, more people would keep them.

My ideas for TAKO;

Fish and Egg Swapping
    Auctions
    Native Killi collecting
    A group to support and spread responsible husbandry for killifish
    A serious knowledge base for the Houston and the surrounding area

At this point I would call it HAKO, as expanding to the whole state is a bit much. Of course killifish are a diverse group, and a similarly diverse group of people are welcome. I want people who avidly breed killies, as well as people who just appreciate them.

I don't see a point where dues would be necessary. Bring your enthusiasm and interest, and help the club get going again.
    75 planted (Being Renovated)
    Endlers
    gobies
    lots of nanos

nick.... I'd expect more from you. bump the thread if you like it lol.
    Endlers
    gobies
    lots of nanos

Comment

I keep local Killies and have had Notho's, but would really like trying my hand at some Rivulus. I have been wanting to hit up Nick for a couple of his Mangroves just for amusement, but have been a bit too lazy thus far. If you could have a meetup when I'm actually onshore I'd love to show and could bring some locals if anyone wanted them to give them a shot. Way cheaper then trying out the more difficult types....
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
      Desiderius Erasmus
      GHAC President

Comment

I would be interested if it weren't for the new arrival in my family. I've got less and less time. I've always wanted to keep Austrolebias nigripinnis and diapetrons and never had the chance. We'll see. Let me know if you have a meeting set up.
        Emerald Green Rainbowfish
        Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

As requested. I'm always for a collection trip, but people actually have to show up and participate to make it happen.
          PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Hi I'm a former/current member of TAKO and would love to see it revived again. I don't currently have any killies. Or much of a fishroom anymore but I would be willing to host a meeting. I love the idea of native fish collecting; auctions; shows and all. When I was last involved with TAKO I was learning a bit about judging and would love to continue with that.

Anyway, if you do get enough interest to hold a meeting I would love to attend.
            Guppies:
            Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
            Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
            HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

I received the old mailing list from Doug (past-president), and sent out a few emails. If you want to, or think you want to be included in this, shoot me a PM with an email address. I am trying to get all the old people on the box, so we can have more consistent communication. We're going to start out slow. 6 meetings a year, 1-2 auctions (probably no mini-auctions at every meeting), and 1 or 2 collecting trips. I want to get the first meeting for January, mainly just to touch base with everyone.
              Endlers
              gobies
              lots of nanos

Comment

I am in, as much as my work schedule allows. I will be in the states until late January , then off collecting Killies, etc with clients in Peru/Bolivia and Colombia for 8 weeks. I hope to be able to regularly bring new WC Killies to the meetings and support the effort that way. I can also give talks on my collecting experiences and new fishes we find at the meetings or at the general aquarium clubs if needed to help with promotion.
                Brian Perkins

WildPERU -custom Jungle adventure-
                www.wildperu.net
                Facebook: wildperu
                Spring, TX & Pto. Maldonado, Peru

Comment

TAKO is having a show in July!

TAKO is having a show in JULY. Detals to come about where, but it will be the 2nd weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X