Hutch's 29G Biocube (Updated 10/27)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by semper View Post
    You gotta be careful. Most anemones require a mature tank to survive. They'll be OK for awhile then slowly start to suffer
    I'll keep an eye on it. Weekly water changes and I'll be sure to feed him correctly until the clowns take to it.(If they take it)
    We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

I never had a problem with my firefish and my clowns
      Resident fish bum
      330G FOWLR
      34G Reef
      330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
      28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Originally posted by Darbex View Post
        I never had a problem with my firefish and my clowns
        Who knows......

On a lighter note, the clowns took the nem! Oh and the nem is moving himself around the tank quite nicely.
        We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

Once it settles try not to change the flow/current if you like where it ended.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
            Once it settles try not to change the flow/current if you like where it ended.
            I read that somewhere. I'll keep that in mind.
            We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

Update my friends:

The anemone went back to the store, semper was right. It started showing signs of stress and I'm not one to watch a critter slowly die. It recovered just fine at the store. We'll wait at least 6 months, if not a year, before I consider getting another one.

The wife fell in love with a Purple Psuedo/Dottyback at the store last weekend. So of course I had to oblige......thought this was a big mistake the next day. I researched and found out they like to eat shrimp and other inverts if they aren't fed well on a regular basis. OF COURSE my pistol shrimp and yellow goby went missing for a week! I was pissed, thought the lil bastage ate the shrimp and scared my goby to death. Fast forward to yesterday, and the two resurfaced from their hiding spot under my middle large rock. So, every one is getting along fine, and the psuedo, or Dotty as I like to call her, is taking to being fed with a turkey baster very well.

We have an established cleaner crew now with 6 dwarf hermits, a turbo snail, 2 trochus snails, and 2 nassarius snails. We'll hold steady with the Ocellaris Clown, Snowflake Clown, Yellow Watchmen Goby, Pistol Shrimp, and the Dottyback for a while. Going to start looking into soft corals and polyps. I can't seem to find time to get over to Semper's place and pickup some beautiful zoa frags from him. After we get some corals and zoas thriving I'll look at adding one last fish, a fire angel.

Anyone know where I can get some shells for the snails and hermits? They are going to start outgrowing their current ones in the next few weeks.
              We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

ill be home most of the day tomorrow if you want to drop by

have some people coming over for corals tomorrow

Comment

Ill be working off of Beltway 8 and I-10 on the west side of town tomorrow. Maybe I can drop by on my way back to Humble?
                  We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

ok

text me

Comment

Well I guess my UV light went out some time in the past week or so and we had an Ich outbreak last night....it was too late at night to get a new UV bulb and no stores were open for some Ich remedies.

Ozzy the larger Ocellaris clown didn't make it through the night. The snowflake and dottyback are doing fine. Hopefully with the UV filter back up and running again, along with some Ich treatment, things will pass with no more casualties. Not sure how the watchmen goby is doing as he and the pistol shrimp have decided they are going to be nocturnal creatures. They close up their den during the day and open it up at night. I saw a glimpse of his yellow face last night, so he's still alive.
                      We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

Oh no. :( Sorry to hear bout Ozzy. I hope everyone else does ok!
                        All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

I think we're in the clear. UV filter has been replaced as the original was defective....ugh! No signs of spots on any of the fish day or night. The watchmen has resurfaced and is living on his own now(Havn't seen the pistol shrimp in a few days). The goby made himself a little nest in the front right corner of the tank.

My old man picked me up a Black Occelaris Clown to replace Ozzy. Beautiful clown, coming in at just under 3". The black clown and snowflake have taken nicely to each other. They peruse the tank side by side all day long and hide in the upper corner together at night. I'll post pictures of them tomorrow.
                          We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

I just bought a 29 Biocube i found on craiglist, i cant wait to start cycling my tank!
                            How long did it take to cycle your biocube?
                            Last edited by luisht; 11-10-2011, 12:38 AM.
                            ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
                            ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by luisht View Post
                              I just bought a 29 Biocube i found on craiglist, i cant wait to start cycling my tank!
                              How long did it take to cycle your biocube?
                              2.5-3 weeks but I added a bottle of BioSpira to see how it would work. No complaints for me.
                              We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

Couple shots of how the tank is progressing.

Picked up some candy cane coral and polyps from semper on Saturday. Once they get settled in, I'll get some shots of them.
                                Attached Files
                                We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

Working...
                                X