Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice!

looking good. No algae.

Can you pleas provide the names to each of the subjects and care provide info?
    Last edited by myjohnson; 11-13-2011, 09:18 PM.
    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

We call them:

Snow Flake Ocelaris - Flake
      Black Ocelaris - Emo Nemo
      Yellow Watchmen Goby - No name yet
      Skunk Cleaner Shrimp - Jacque

Also picture is a Conch.
      We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

Coral and Polyps were looking too pretty to not snap a photo a minute ago! Enjoy!
        Attached Files
        We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

Looking Good.

Is that regular actinic from bio cube or led moonlights

Comment

Originally posted by semper View Post
            Looking Good.

Is that regular actinic from bio cube or led moonlights
            Regular Coralife Acitinic bulb. That bulb can make some corals look pretty good under it. I was thinking of adding a LED strip to run during the day with the 10K and Acitinic to promote coral growth, but we will see.

Semper were you dosing your biocube with anything or feeding your candy cane anything on a weekly basis?
            We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

Looks great!! Love seeing how the tank is progressing.
              All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Originally posted by aquabee View Post
                Looks great!! Love seeing how the tank is progressing.
                Thanks bee!
                We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

Earlier this week I picked up Kent Nano Reef Part A & B. Added about 3/4 of the recommended dose and within half a day my candy cane heads were twice as big as they were previously and were BEAUTIFUL under my acitinic bulb.

I don't want to get my parameters all out of whack, so I think I'll just dose the tank once a month during that weeks water change. I only have that one coral in the tank other than the polyps and can't justify spending $60-80 on a test kit just yet.
                  We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

You may get blasted shortly by serious reefkeepers. One of the mantras is that you should not dose anything that you are not testing for.

Personally, I think Kent Nano A & B are easy and safe enough, just do not exceed the recommendation while keeping in mind that if you have a "28g nano" there may only be 20gallons of saltwater if you minus the rocks and the sand. Also, keep up your weekly water changes should help keep it in safe levels without testing. In general, corals respond very well to Ca and KH. Kent Nano A&B adds other minor trace elements to help.

I know you say that you were dosing monthly, but If you get tired of daily dosing with kent nano daily, I would recommend trying Seachem's reef complete--only need to dose 2x / week to maintain Ca, Mg, and Strontium levels (main stuff in nano A). I also use KH buffer by seachem (main stuff in nano B) that doesn't require daily dosing. Then, dose weekly with essential elements. (but, note Nano A&B has traces of more extra stuff)

-KyleH

Originally posted by dhutch View Post
                    Earlier this week I picked up Kent Nano Reef Part A & B. Added about 3/4 of the recommended dose and within half a day my candy cane heads were twice as big as they were previously and were BEAUTIFUL under my acitinic bulb.

I don't want to get my parameters all out of whack, so I think I'll just dose the tank once a month during that weeks water change. I only have that one coral in the tank other than the polyps and can't justify spending $60-80 on a test kit just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleH View Post
                      You may get blasted shortly by serious reefkeepers. One of the mantras is that you should not dose anything that you are not testing for.

Personally, I think Kent Nano A & B are easy and safe enough, just do not exceed the recommendation while keeping in mind that if you have a "28g nano" there may only be 20gallons of saltwater if you minus the rocks and the sand. Also, keep up your weekly water changes should help keep it in safe levels without testing. In general, corals respond very well to Ca and KH. Kent Nano A&B adds other minor trace elements to help.

I know you say that you were dosing monthly, but If you get tired of daily dosing with kent nano daily, I would recommend trying Seachem's reef complete--only need to dose 2x / week to maintain Ca, Mg, and Strontium levels (main stuff in nano A). I also use KH buffer by seachem (main stuff in nano B) that doesn't require daily dosing. Then, dose weekly with essential elements. (but, note Nano A&B has traces of more extra stuff)

-KyleH
                      I dose about 75% of the recommended dose for 20ish gallons. I have a 29G biocube. Once I add a few more corals, or the next one, I'll invest in a quality test kit. I know prolonged dosing without testing will eventually end in disaster.
                      We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

i dont dose in bio cube or feed corals directly

i do two part on my big tanks

alkalinity has been high so i stopped dosing

Comment

Originally posted by semper View Post
                          i dont dose in bio cube or feed corals directly

i do two part on my big tanks

alkalinity has been high so i stopped dosing
                          I havnt been feeding them and don't plan to. The LFS that is SW only doesnt, and their corals look awesome.
                          We got de Hooch baby!

Comment

Working...
                          X