mondo grass???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mondo grass???

I bought some mondo grass from petsmart before I researched it. Now Ive read that its not an aquatic plant which sucks because Ive got like twenty of em. Has anyone had any expeirence with this grass? Also does anyone know where I get dwarf hairgrass from for a groundcover or have any other suggestions for a groundcover.

Originally posted by AquaticAddict View Post
    I bought some mondo grass from petsmart before I researched it. Now Ive read that its not an aquatic plant which sucks because Ive got like twenty of em. Has anyone had any expeirence with this grass? Also does anyone know where I get dwarf hairgrass from for a groundcover or have any other suggestions for a groundcover.
    Hmmm.. never heard of mondo grass in an aquarium! The name, at least, is pretty hilarious.

Dwarf hairgrass is available at City Pets right now... saw some beautiful ground cover today in the planted tank next to the cash register. Dwarf baby tears and glossostigma require pretty high light to grow but are absolutely gorgeous.

I was recommended a website by some forum members that I've grown to like a lot-- www.aquariumplants.com . They have a whole section on ground cover and their plants typically arrive in good condition.

Good luck! :) Send pics!
    All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Yeah, mondo grass is a terrestrial plant and will not live immersed. I'd take it back to the store.

Mark
      What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Thanks thats what Ive been reading online too!

Comment

Working...
        X