ideas for plecos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ideas for plecos

Just waiting for my 125g Moba tank to finish its (frikkin long) nitrite phase. The juvies I'm getting from Ron are about 2.5"-3" in length. Any ideas for cool looking plecos that won't eventually get torn up by my fronts?

Thanks!
    All bleeding stops eventually...

Gold nugget would cool. I forgot what L species it is but they aren't shy and do not generally hide and not nocturnal

sent from the kitchen
    Chef~PIER 61 SEAFOOD

150G~discus and altums

Comment

A craigslist post by "TangoMike" - Hes a box member with great stock of BN plecos. I'm sure he has a lot of good 2-2.5" plecos available now. They max out at around 4" so not sure how they will do with a big ole 12" moba male, but with fronts growing like 1" a year... I wouldn't worry about aggression between them. Well worth the drive to Spring to get these guys

Comment

Gold nuggets *are* quite gorgeous. They do ok with large tankmates?

I like the BN plecos, AndrewB, but they might be a little small. Thanks for the link though-- those are really good lookin young plecos.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_B View Post
          http://houston.craigslist.org/for/2493872297.html

A craigslist post by "TangoMike" - Hes a box member with great stock of BN plecos. I'm sure he has a lot of good 2-2.5" plecos available now. They max out at around 4" so not sure how they will do with a big ole 12" moba male, but with fronts growing like 1" a year... I wouldn't worry about aggression between them. Well worth the drive to Spring to get these guys
          I bought several bn plecos from TangoMike...............great guy and great prices!
          180g Oceanic w/colony of 8 WC Moba Fronts (1m/7f) purchased from TNT Cichlids in Jan '05 & numerous fry. 1 F1 adult moba male. 2 2217 Eheims, 2 6080 Tunze Streams, WISA airpump, single stage Johnson ETC.....fishkeeping since 1988.

Comment

Bee I think the best Gold nuggets are L-18's. They will not get much bigger than BN Plecos though. They are also not the best algae eaters if that is what you are looking for. They are very cool to look at
            Mike

Comment

albino bristlenose
              blue phantom
              green phantom
              royal pleco
              flash pleco

just a few of my favs
              25g - Reef
              3.5g - Surge Tank
              10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

I'm not much into plecos i have one ABN that has managed to survive.

I do know that Royal's like lots of wood.

I do think Green Phantoms would be a good match size wise in a front tank and to me it's a nice looking fish.

Fish Gallery has them from time to time but they are $$.

Comment

Originally posted by TangoMIke View Post
                  Bee I think the best Gold nuggets are L-18's. They will not get much bigger than BN Plecos though. They are also not the best algae eaters if that is what you are looking for. They are very cool to look at
                  Mike
                  Green phantoms are frikkin amazing. I love those guys. I'm glad to hear they make a good match. Fish Land has a lot of really good looking ones that aren't as pricey as FG, danielp.

TangoMike-- what do the L-18s like to eat then? Algae wafers? Live foods?

b

Comment

Originally posted by aquabee View Post
                    Fish Land has a lot of really good looking ones that aren't as pricey as FG, danielp.
                    How much?

Might take a long lunch tomorrow and run out that way.

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
                      How much?

Might take a long lunch tomorrow and run out that way.
                      Call first. I don't remember how much exactly but I remember it being reasonable. The last time I went there was July though.

Comment

Working...
                      X