Starting Over: 90 Gallon w/F1 Red Rainbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Over: 90 Gallon w/F1 Red Rainbows

After about a two year hiatus, we cleaned out the 90, gave our discus a better home and picked up 16 F1 Red Rainbows from the very WC colony I sold two years ago when I got out of Trophs.

We're taking our time with this batch, nice and easy. Just thought I would share:

I'm running an Eheim 2262 with a Hydor K4. That gives me about 2100 gph flow, or 23x turnover. Granted, after head pressure and filtration friction loss it's lower, but still well over the 10x mark. I have heavy surface agitation with the 2262 spray bar so for now I'm not going to bother with a wet/dry.

I scaped with tried and true Leslie's PFS and Texas holy rock. I've got a few plecos and some assassins in the tank as well. The only thing left I want to add at this point are some Ulwile fry.

Many thanks to Mgarrido for all your help getting us back in the Troph game!
    Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Welcome back!
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

That tank is SOOOOOO clean!
      Super nice man
      FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

Welcome back......Glen !!!

Comment

Welcome back Glen!

Comment

Glad to see you back in the Troph game!
            120g - Tropheus Moorii Kambwimba
            180g - Petrochromis Macrognathus Dine/Tropheus Moorii Namansi I

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains"....Winston Churchill

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm"....Winston Churchill

Comment

Good to have an oldschooler back in the mix! :)
              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I'm a big-time admirer of your photos. Glad to see you back into trophs and looking forward to eye-candy.

Comment

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. Two years without Trophs only made me realize how much more enjoyment they brought me. Just gonna take it nice and slow with this colony, probably won't do much more until we move (still a few years out), where hopefully I'll finally get a home office and will finally have a chance to do a nice 8 footer. :)

Comment

Welcome back!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
                    300g - Petrochromis Texas "Red Fin" Longola, Petrochromis Red Bulu, Tropheus Red Rainbow Kansanga.

Comment

We need you back in the DSLR game!

We need pictures! :)
                      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

welcome back glen o_O!

Comment

Pictures will come as the fish develop. D - elections are just around the corner. I look forward to some more spirited debates! :)

Comment

Working...
                          X