No announcement yet.

450 gallon setup. HELP NEEDED!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i forgot i had this thread up. sorry guys! anyways, the sump as been built twice! lol. first time, i used glass dividers but wasn't happy with the size of the different sections (protein skimmer and return pump didn't have enough room). dad and i took it apart and put new dividers in, this time using super thin acrylic. also got live rock and regular sand in the tank and a light in the refugium for chaeto to grow. the tank has been cycling for a month or so and i already have a st. major's damsel in as a tester fish (which didn't die) and a small bamboo shark. looking for other stocking options that are semi-reef safe (as long as they don't eat corals, it should be ok). I'll post up a list later of several fish i have in mind but we're open to suggestions. looking for bright, colorful fish that aren't too common. i'm also thinking about converting my fluval edge into a pico-reef in a few months

Comment

why do you need tester fish? a test kit is all you need. i would suggest you remove the sgt. major damsel(s) before you go any further. they get big, mean, and ugly.

but first and foremost, PICS PICS PICS

Comment

i'll try to post some pictures either tonight or tomorrow morning. i've also recorded two short videos of the bamboo shark. about the sgt. major, i actually have a reef tester kit from petsmart. lol. i was just told by a few people that i should get a tester fish to see just in case. i don't mind him getting big, dad wants big fish in the tank anyways. i also kinda like his personality. don't like how he wants to eat everything though! lol.

Comment

so, i haven't had a chance to really put up pictures yet but i have taken a few as well as a couple videos. here are two that i think came out pretty clear. taken with a camera phone btw =P sorry if the pictures are huge, i didn't check the size

forgot what type of coral in the first picture and the second is a ghost shrimp on some cheato that got into the refug.:

Comment

Update!

update with some pictures, let me know what you guys think

id please? the brown algae hasn't been as much of a problem but now i'm starting to get these

got 5 of these

clown fish from fragswap was moved into refugium just until it gets a little bigger

random corals

sea urchin to help keep tank clean. plus i think they look cool!

pink anthias from City Pets

tiny feather dusters:

more random corals and older pictures:

FTS with girlfriend next to the tank:

Comment

Yea..accidentally attached some pictures of shrimp from my freshwater tank plus a tiny chameleon I saw at a petshop the other day too. Sorry about that. I can't figure out how to delete them either =\

Comment

Working...
              X