Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Zebra Stone.

Howdy,

I'm looking for some zebra stone, about 5 pieces assorted sizes suitable for a 29 Gallon tank. Does anyone know of a LFS anywhere in the Houston area that might have a decent selection in stock? I know Aquarium World has a few small chunks left but I'm looking for something a little bigger.

It is intended for a softwater/tetra low light planted community tank--does anyone know of any reason (other than aesthtic--lol) not to use it in that set up? I've been told by one person that its its a metamorphic rock without any limestone content--I didn't happen to have a vial of vinegar on me the few times I've looked at it. The only reference I can find on the web is zebra rock--a very specific rock from one place in Australia--and I'm pretty certain that's not the same as the zebra stone seen in aquarium applications.

Does anyone know if those rocks or similar are found at local landscaping supply places?

Any answers or ideas would be appreciated.
    While I'm not reef ready, I am salt ernate lifestyle curious...

Nepco (http://www.nepco.cc/), went last friday and i saw that kind of rock in stock

Comment

Working...
    X