Water change question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water change question

I Need to do a 25% water change on my 55 for the first time ( i am a newb to the hobby)

I have this product that I originally used to dechlorinate the water when I was cycling the tank.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...=1680&bih=949#

Now the question is say I fill up a 5 gallon bucket with tap water and add the product, how quickly does it dechlorinate the water?

Should be immediately. :)
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

+1
      25g - Reef
      3.5g - Surge Tank
      10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu View Post
        Should be immediately. :)
        +2

Comment

i use that stuff for a while but i was just recently told it isn't all that good they told me to go with prime and this was from the experts so for me is just prime from now on just passing the word on about another option on better way to dechlorinate

Comment

Originally posted by daddy View Post
            i use that stuff for a while but i was just recently told it isn't all that good they told me to go with prime and this was from the experts so for me is just prime from now on just passing the word on about another option on better way to dechlorinate
            +1 all I have ever used is Prime, I do 75 to 90 percent water changes on all my tanks, I use the appropriate amount poured directly into the tanks and fill them up with the water hose.
            150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
            125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
            115G Tanganyikan

Comment

I use seachem safe when doing 90% WC on my tanks. Some people use Prime like Al which is also a very good product too
              Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

Working...
              X