Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need LR, LS, and Water(anyone breaking down tank)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need LR, LS, and Water(anyone breaking down tank)

Hello all. I hope everyone is doing good and well. I am hoping that someone can help me out. I am a struggling college student who just got my hands on a fluval Edge. I am looking to set it up as a saltwater set up. I am in need of like 6-8 lbs of live sand and about 12-15lbs of live rock. Also i am not sure if getting water from the same tank will help to cycle the tank faster. If anyone can help me out that would be awesome. Trying to avoid having to start from scratch and having to cycle for a month. I will be leaving sometime next month so i would like to have it already cycled so that my fiance can maintain it wile i am out. Thank you all for the help.

Happy Reefing.

Most Beneficial bacteria is found only in the sand and rock, not in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
      Most Beneficial bacteria is found only in the sand and rock, not in the water.
      Ah got it. But i just figure that by using the water it would give me less of a cycle. If not i can always just get saltwater from city pets. If its not going to effect my cycle and make it better then i rather just use new saltwater. Some input would be nice on that subject. Thanx again for everything

Comment

By taking the water, you are only getting the nitrates from that persons system.

Comment

ah okay got it! So no used water. Ill get fresh saltwater. Thanx for the knowledge.

Comment

In my opinion, the negatives far outweigh the benefit.

Comment

khan_man, I will be breaking down my son's 5.5gal this weekend. It probably around 10lbs, the tank has been up and running for 1 1/2 years. If that's not enough you can add more sand from LFS. I don't have any rock though. Let me know, I'll be home most of the weekend. On the NW side of town.

Comment

Working...
              X